October Group Run Report

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by saypay45, Oct 24, 2011.

1. saypay45 Chapter Presidents

Message Count:
    I commented to someone yesterday that when I plan one of these group runs in the Twin Cities, hardly anyone shows up. But when I plan it 50 miles away in Cannon Falls we always get our biggest groups. What gives?!

[IMG]

Pictured from left to right: Garrett Barthome, Matt Fiereck, Maria Lewis, Mary McPartlin, Skylamian Alycone, Lyle Lange, Cynthia Scherzer, Shem Onegra, and Joyce Geving. Your fearless leader Christian Peterson is holding the iPhone/camera.

We had a great crowd and great weather for our annual October Group Run on the Cannon Valley Trail (CVT) in Cannon Falls. A group of ten set off for distances of between 2-6 miles. Before setting off, we were treated to a little prop humor courtesy of Lyle Lange.

[IMG]

Apparently clown shoes are quite minimalist.

October is always a beautiful time of year to run on the CVT.We missed most of thefall colors this year, but in exchange had spectacular views of the Cannon River for the entire run. The group went out at our usual 10:30 to 11:00 min/mile, which unfortunately caused a few runners to drop out early. The rest continued to finish an out and back 6 mile run with great conversation the entire way. Afterwards, per tradition, we retired to the local Dairy Queen for a well-deserved "recovery" treat.

Now that we've done this run for the past two years, it's fast becoming on of BRS-MN's favorite traditions. We look forward to seeing you at next year's CVT run, or at a monthly group run very soon!