November Group Run Report

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by saypay45, Nov 9, 2011.

1. saypay45 Chapter Presidents

Message Count:
    I'm a few dayslate in getting this one up. Sorry folks. It's been a busy week.

[IMG]

I was thrilled to see some old friends and some new faces at this month's group run. Despite the short notice, we had a great turnout. In this picture are BRS-MN members Shem Onegra (with dog Kona), Cyndi Scherzer, Charlene D'Cruz, Christian Peterson (with dog Brett), Garrett Barthome, Kate Galligher, and Andy Klein.

Remember folks...dogs and children are welcome at these runs! Bring them!

Anyway, this month's run found the club at the beautiful Gateway Trail in Maplewood. The Gateway Trail is another one of those long, flat trails that goes for miles. It extends 18.3 miles from St. Paul all the way to Stillwater. We chose to begin our group run in Maplewood.

The wind was pretty fierce at the start of the run, so we chose to run into the wind for the first half of the run. That section oftrail was a little rougher than expected. We all kept our high spirits and powered through it for a total of 6 miles. Pace averaged at a conversational 12:00 min/miles. The weather turned very pleasant half way through the run, and I for one felt like I could go many more miles.

Many in the group did many more barefoot miles than ever before. Especially on such rough terrain. Congrats! As I said during the run, rough terrain builds "character".

Our December Group Run is coming up quick. Maybe the weather will be nice enough to still go with bare feet! See you then!