Not your stereotypical exercises..

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
I have set of five different gluteus medius exercises that I do in the bed every morning before getting up. Clamshell is first, but with 5 second hold on top position, then same movement with topmost heel hovering few cms above other heel. Third is all the same as second one, but with topmost leg straight.

In movement number four and five straighten topmost leg and rotate it outwards so that knee and toes point upwards hold it near ground for 5 secs (number four) and then lift it up to forty five degree angle and hold there for five seconds (number five). All exercises one set of five repeats. But the body positioning and curve of back (neutral) must be just the right for it to feel anything at all. Hips must be vertical, if they tilt with movement it doesn't work. When it's right, it feels like maximum effort. No need to use any resistance bands for that. I usually start with exercise number 4 and 5, because they are easiest to feel, then it's easy to adjust body position to keep that feeling.

At the beginning I couldn't activate glute muscles in other way that squeezing both of them at the same time, now I twitch them separately.. :rolleyes: Perhaps not so useful thing, but atleast I know that there has been some development...

Reactions: jldeleon
Thanks for your info! One set of 5, good to know -especially since I always over-do reps when I first start something.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts