New Haven, CT 20K Labor Day Race

New Haven, CT 20K Labor Day Race
By Barefoot Gentile

I have two races in the year that I never like to miss my town’s half marathon, and this one. This race has some special meaning because it was my first race I ran barefoot which was over 10 miles 5 years ago.

I was lacking sleep the night before the race because my beautiful 4 month year old daughter is just not sleeping well at night, so I had about 4 hours of sleep. That was fine the garmin was staying home and the only goal was to completely enjoy the race. I really love the atmosphere of this race, New Haven is a really cool city the route takes you through every part of the city, so it’s a fun course. The weather was very hot and humid at the start of the race. I really love the warm weather, but will admit running in high humidity is tough. My time was 1:50:17.

My name is Adam Gentile I live in Fairfield, CT. I have always lived an active lifestyle, I took my first barefoot run on Sept. 15th 2009, and never looked back. I started running barefoot out of pure curiosity and I loved everything about it...
View all 8 featured items
Nice Adam! the road seems a little rough-was it?

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11