Navigation Help

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
Is there a way to find recent unread posts?

Active forum topics does'nt do it, and recent comments does'nt either.

RW ceased doing it a week or so ago, which started to drive me crazy, so I thought I would just hang here exclusivly after that, but it's no easier here.

Am I missing something, or do I really have to scroll through every post to find the unread ones?

i've got the same questions.

i've got the same questions. the forums seems to be a long way around sort of place
smile.png

longboard the best i've got is to go to the My unread tab on the right of my page and that at least shows me all the latest posts

I'm not sure I'm

New%20Forum%20Posts.jpg

I'm not sure I'm understanding, Board. Do you mean unread posts in the forum threads? If so, I go to the main forums tab, then I see under the Topics and Post count columns a number with the word "new" next to it. I then click on it. I have to then decide which "new" I want to read, so it does require an additional click to get me there. Once I've done that, it takes me to the first unread post. I use my browserr's Back button to navigate back or select the Forum drop-down menu. That's not what you see? You must be talking about something else. -TJ

Barefoot TJ wrote:I'm not

Barefoot TJ said:
I'm not sure I'm understanding, Board. Do you mean unread posts in the forum threads? If so, I go to the main forums tab, then I see under the Topics and Post count columns a number with the word "new" next to it. I then click on it. I have to then decide which "new" I want to read, so it does require an additional click to get me there. Once I've done that, it takes me to the first unread post. I use my browserr's Back button to navigate back or select the Forum drop-down menu. That's not what you see? You must be talking about something else. -TJ

It's just that you have to click several times to get to each thread, and if you post a reply, the back button routine doesn't work very well. I'd love it if we had a "view all posts since your last visit button" like on the phpBB and vBulletin boards that I frequent.

Please use the Feedback tab

Please use the Feedback tab at the top and voice your requests and suggestions there. It will take a little time, but I'm hoping we can get these things to work for you guys so your visits are more enjoyable.

I tried using the feedback

I tried using the feedback form but the pop ups drop down and don't let me type my name in? I'm using an old browser and I wonder if that is why.

I'm sure that is why, Abide.

I'm sure that is why, Abide. Can you upgrade? Another option is to use the Contact link near the bottom right. Then select Website Help.

You are too good, Mrs.

You are too good, Mrs. Deplume!

O.K., so is there a way to

O.K., so is there a way to see all threads w/ unread posts in chronological order from all seven forums without going to each forum seperatly?

Longboard wrote: O.K., so is

Longboard said:
O.K., so is there a way to see all threads w/ unread posts in chronological order from all seven forums without going to each forum seperatly?

This link (which I bookmarked on my browser's toolbar) will get you all recent posts (and blog posts and chapter posts and new member profiles). It's not quite the "View unread posts" button that we're used to from other forums, but it's better than nothing. http://barefootrunners.org/build2/group/tracker

Thanks Norm, that should help

Thanks Norm, that should help a lot.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts