My take on a couple of pairs of Inov-8s

Nice review ElyDave. I've tried the F-lite 195 which were way too narrow for me and also the road-x lite 155 which are ok, but not great. Something funny near the heel in them which I don't like plus something with them caused me knee pain. I've been really curious about those bare-x 180's so it was nice to see your take on them. The X-Talon 190's are just too much shoe for me as I don't really get to run trails much. They would be great here though it sounds like with all our rain we get if I did run on the muddy trails.

Thanks Nick, I took a slighlty larger size to allow for winter socks, maybe that's made a difference.

I think the X-Talons would be a great match for some of those mountains in the Pacific North West. It's the opposite problem around me, pretty flat, but the lanes I run are chewed up by the tractors and as it's heavy clay soil you end up sliding around all over the place.

Thanks Nick, I took a slighlty larger size to allow for winter socks, maybe that's made a difference.
Maybe, but I've noticed not every model has the same fit. I tried on the Bare-x 150's thinking those would be great but they were too narrow for me. The road-x 155 on the other hand are plenty wide enough though which I think is on the same last as the bare-x 180 if I remember correctly, only with a 4mm drop.

Thanks Dave!

Quality would be an issue for me if I were to try a pair of Inov-8s. The last few pairs I had all had issues like adhesives that didn't hold and uneven stitching. I remember one pair of f-lites where one of the shoes used about 1/4 less lace than the other because the tops were sewn differently.

Take a close look at yours if you have a chance. Do you notice any anomolies?

Actually, I know for a fact that I wouldn't feel comfortable in Inov-8s anymore because they're too narrow and have too much arch support for me.

Still, even with all that, I remain a fanboy for some reason. They're just cool shoes B-)

Nice to see you still around here Willie.

Their facebook page has just said that they are releasing wider versions of the F-Lites, maybe they'll work for you. Funny you say that the arch support is too big, neither pair that I have have any arch to speak of, certainly much less than the Merrell Trail Gloves. For me they just feel snug rather than feeling anything under the arch, but then I guess everyone's foots is not the same.

I'll take a look for any quality details.

Nice to see you still around here Willie..

ebenfalls, danke :)

It's been a few years since my last experiences with Inov-8, and never had any of their most-minimal models. Still hard for me to imagine them not being too narrow for me today. So, I should have mentioned that earlier!

The Trail Gloves that I've seen/tried had more like a rockplate under the arch.