My First Olympic Tri...Sunday!

Dirtbag

Barefooters
Oct 17, 2010
I'll be doing the Honolulu Olympic Triathlon this Sunday, rocking my duct-tape repaired, blessed VFF KSOs during the run section. It's my first triathlon at this distance and I've fractured my tail over the last three and a half months to be as prepared for it as possible. I'm really looking forward to it because I've enjoyed the four sprint's I've done, but this seems like a big step forward. Twice the distance and all that.

Anyone else have any big races coming up?

Good luck, DB.  I know you'll

Good luck, DB. I know you'll do fine.

Dirtbag How did your Honolulu

Dirtbag How did your Honolulu Olympic Tri go? Do you have any words of wisdom for us after the experience barefoot (VFFs) an all!

My race report is in the Race

My race report is in the Race thread, but here's the link. Words of wisdom? Try not to crash during the ride, but if you do then use that adrenaline to get you through the next couple of miles. And be sure your choosen race shoes don't have a catastrophic hole in them so that you have to resort to using your VFF TrekSports rather than the more run-centric KSOs or Bikilas (which I hadn't bought yet). Enjoy yourself, say strange things to the volunteers handing out water to keep yourself amused, cheer for other people who are barefoot or rocking a minimal shoes.

way to go- the step up will

way to go- the step up will be fine. did my first sprint tri w/ bf todd on sunday....we were not properly warned about the trails being 2" sharp rocks.....a bit of the ouch factor.....Good luck on your olympic.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts