My barefoot training ground!

Bill B

Barefooters
Dec 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Now that the snow is finally going (fingers xed), I am set to continue my barefoot quest! Here is what I look forward to!
6B70162A-2AF7-4A78-A080-8ABB4ADD8BAA-76708-00004D00CA144BB5_zps51ddead0.jpg

Doesn't look that bad to me. I used to love running on that stuff.

Reactions: Footsie
wow.....I need to get off the sidewalks!
I hate running on sidewalks because it makes me too nervous for races which many are on roads.
Hhhmmm....more motivation to do more trail running??:)

Reactions: NickW
Doesn't look that bad to me. I used to love running on that stuff.
Lots of that along the rivers here in Berlin. Really schools relaxation, doesn't it?

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Most definitely. I loved feeling the contrast of the soft and course sand rubbing against the hardness of the small rocks. It really does remind you to relax to get through it. Somehow just having all those sensations underfoot makes you feel so alive. :barefoot:

Maybe I'm overly optomistic, but I am thinking that that surface isn't as nasty as paved road with gravel on it. Are the pebbles rounded or sharp? I hate residual snow / ice grit on paved surfaces.

Onoway or the other, good on you!

Reactions: Bill Brushey
Maybe I'm overly optomistic, but I am thinking that that surface isn't as nasty as paved road with gravel on it. Are the pebbles rounded or sharp? I hate residual snow / ice grit on paved surfaces.

Onoway or the other, good on you!
Both round and sharp. A gravel road is very dynamic, the surface constantly changes. There are routes through it that aren't as rough as others. Sometimes it's a half mile of hell! The very edge can be smooth as well. I can pick whatever line i feel like. Around here, one doesn't have much choice when it comes to gravel, we're surrounded by it! After it rains, it gets real soft and is awesome to run on!