Moderators Wanted

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Hi All,

Well, it's confirmed, I have nerve damage in my hands and wrists. As suspected, it's carpal tunnel. I need to cut back on the amount of typing I am doing.

I need help covering the forums. I need two people, at least, who are always on the site, to step up and take on moderator roles. Why not? You're on the site all the time anyway, right?

You'll just look for offensive posts, content, etc., on the forums and the blogs, and try to correct the post first with a simple clean edit, or delete the post (with a warning to the poster for any that require deletion). Real simple stuff.

No pay. Any takers?

Thanks!

TJ

Hey TJ, I can drop in periodically during the day, in the late evening on most nights, and sporadically during the weekend. I could do a part-time thing and I'd be happy to help take a load off you.

A couple questions though: do I have to moderate myself? Do I get a badge and a weapon?

You could hire me on a trial basis and see how it goes. I guess this is one job I can't get fired from for being on line?

Hmmmm. Ram as a moderator. That's kinda like asking Chaser to be a moderator. He would end up having to ban himself. Teasing! Hee.

I'll get you set up shortly, and maybe we can design a Moderator Badge you can wear too!

Thanks for stepping up.

Anyone want to help me and Ram out?

Hi, T.J. just a thought regarding carpal tunnel. My wife was a secretary for many years. She was having severe problems with pain and thought she would need surgery. I noticed that she was sleeping with her hands under the pillow bearing the weight of her head. It seemed that keeping her hands stressed and with reduced circulation for long periods could be part of the problem. I also noticed that I was sleeping with my hand or hands frequently bearing the weight of my knee, leg or otherwise stressed and that I sometimes had sore wrists the next day. We both made an effort to sleep with our hands in a relaxed position (if sleeping on your side try laying your hands slightly in front of your face as relaxed as possible). This did work for both of us. She has not complained of discomfort in her hands for several years. I have no medical expertise, but the body does most of it's healing while we sleep. It might be worth trying. Get well soon.
Sorry to change the subject, I probably would not make a good moderator.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Thanks, Barefootn. I totally agree, and the doctor and I spoke about this specifically. I have found myself waking up in great pain in my wrists and hands on several occasions because of the way I sleep. It's so hard to control while you are sleeping though, so he told me to sleep with a wrist splint. I have one, but I need to get one more. Thanks for bringing more light to it.

Rusinque, thanks for volunteering. Are you on the site everyday, several times a day?

Sounds good. I would need you to check on the site a few times each day, please. We're working on setting up the Moderators group, so as soon we have that in place, I will contact you. Thanks for stepping up to help out.

BIG Thanks goes to Ram and Rus for stepping up to help out as Moderators. Check out their new signatures! (Ram's idea for a Badge. Zap's awesome artwork.) That's right! Power to put the FOOT DOWN! So don't mess. :p

Reactions: Rusinque
Thanks, Mandy. I think we've filled the bill for now. If we find we need more, I will keep you in mind.