Minimal Combat Boot

I went with the Rocky S2V in

I went with the Rocky S2V in sage green when they came out. Not sure about the drop but overall they seem the lowest and therefore most agile of any I've owned over the last 30 years. They're not warm enough for me in the winter because my toes get cold easily so I have a much thicker, Goretex lined pair from Danner for the cold. I do have to sometimes replace OEM boot insoles with flat ones since running in VFFs for the last 18 months as I can't tolerate insoles with aggressive arches anymore. I did that in the Danners.

Greginator USAF wrote:Karen,

Greginator USAF said:
Karen, you're my hero! Looks like "the other forum" came up with these. I listed available colors and the prices I saw online, for anyone who cares.

Tactical Research Kiowa (Tan, Black, Multicam & Green) $90-110

Altama Exospeed (Tan, Black, & Green) $120-125

Nike SFB (Tan & Black only) $130

Danner TFX (Tan, Black, & Green) $140-170

Rocky S2V (Tan, Black, & Green) $150-250

The Nikes are a no go for me since the AF will mandate Sage Green boots come 2011. I'll have to see if the local MCSS (Military Clothing Supply Store) has any of the others to try on. If not, I'll have to do the internet order thing.

Greg, according to the link that follows Nike offers that boot in sage green. I can't believe I am directing someone to possibly make a purchase from Nike. I think I might be getting sick. Please excuse me.
sick.png
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-410059/pgid-410059

Old thread, but I wanted to

Old thread, but I wanted to weigh in that I have been using the TR Kiowas as they are in Sage Green. They are very comfortable, more so that the tan boots I was previously issued. My feet get a little toasty in the boots, but I think that is more so due to the socks I wear with them. I am interested in getting a pair of Nike SFB's, but that is more out of curiosity as I really do like the Kiowas.

Well, I've been wearing my Altama Exospeed II boots for over a year and a half, and I still really like them. The outsole is beginning to wear a bit, so I may replace them in a few months.