Milestone

randicoot

Barefooters
Apr 29, 2011
New Hampshire
Hit 1000 BF miles on my last run. It's taken me five warm seasons. Had some injuries come and go--ToFP, fibula stress fracture, ankle pain, the weird, intense foot pain that lasts just a day or so, medial knee tendon inflammation and bursitis, and finally beat (fingers crossed) my left side chronic achilles soreness. Still have some left side toe tingles/pain which I'm hopeful will go away forever if I can remember to continue to do the toe curls even after it seems to get better.

Still enjoying being barefoot. It certainly makes running more interesting/fun and I'm in better shape aerobically than ever before. Did 70 miles last month--most ever.

Keep it up! :barefoot:

Reactions: randicoot
Congrats! I just learned how to run this year started in February doing couch to 5k program wearing Soft Stars Running Moccassins - in June I decided to try barefoot running and can't get enough of it. Any favorite spots in New Hampshire to go running? Training up now for the Bay State Marathon in October!

Reactions: mandytheartist
Congrats! I just learned how to run this year started in February doing couch to 5k program wearing Soft Stars Running Moccassins - in June I decided to try barefoot running and can't get enough of it. Any favorite spots in New Hampshire to go running? Training up now for the Bay State Marathon in October!

Thanks! I haven't really sampled much of the state for running. So far, I've only run on the roads near home (Temple) and a 5k in Manchester. Temple is good for hills, that's for sure. I've half considered going into Milford to do a long flat run, but can't convince myself I can take the extra time for it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts