Mileage Reporting week 6 of 2016

skedaddle

Barefooters
Sep 3, 2011
Monday - 5 mile run
Tuesday - 6 mile walk, 30 min core workout
Wed - Rest
Thursday - 6 mile walk, 30 min core workout
Friday - 8 mile run and some steep hill repeats.

Been trying to practice walking at speed for the past few weeks, whilst maintaining a forefoot strike.
It really does feel unnatural to walk that way, for me, it kind of makes me feel like i'm John Cleese in the ministry of funny walks. Running I find easy to forefoot strike.
Anywho i'll start upping the long run mileage soon, I miss the 20+ milers and there's sniffs of spring in the air the past few days. I'm really looking forward to this years running!

Very pleasant 3km for me early this morning back out with my shod running partner.
Bit of a chill in the air and the ground was still wet from yesterday's drizzle, which made it quite cold underfoot. -Warmed up pretty quick though.
Not much wildlife around today (swans and geese excluded).
Really nice to be back out -legs & feet all feeling pretty good..:)

Getting back to bare feet to ground.
Took a week off snow skiing in Crested Butte Colorado (fun, fun, fun)
Got out at 6:00 am and did 5 miles .
I saw some rabbits and a few flocks of crows.
The crows seem to be playing in the wind.
Nice to get my feet back on the ground.

Week started out pretty slow...
Monday and Tuesday only workouts were doing some stairs at work on the nightshifts.
Wednesday I did 10 miles on the bike indoors before work, and stairs again.
Thursday quick 2 miles before work, and stairs again. I broke 100 flights (101 actually) for only the second time I think (maybe third?).
Friday zilch
Saturday 4.5 miles down the road and back, 1F out. Brisk. I was not barefoot. :coldfeet:
Sunday 9.5 miles on the Heart of Ohio Trail. Still in the teens out.

So a low mileage week for running, but I did a few other things. 16 miles. All in my Soft Star Dash until the weather warms back up!