Mileage Reporting week 5 of 2016

Tristan

Barefooters
Sep 15, 2011
Ohio
Starting the week out with a long run today! Ran 16 miles (well 15, and the last mile walk) with Yvonne today on the Heart of Ohio rail trail. Was pretty close to 50F out, but cloudy and somewhat gusty winds still left me pretty chilled at the end with numb hands. Last of the nice days on the forecast, but at least the 10 day doesn't look to be below freezing too much so should still be able to get out there barefoot.

Great looking trails there skedaddle. And that is one steep field in your middle pic!

Wednesday I walked 2.1 miles at work, and did some stairs. Was a bit sore from the long run still.

Thursday same 2.1 mile lunch walk and stairs, but 16 miles on the bike indoors that evening.

Today I ran a fairly fast pace 7.6 miles, averaging a bit below 7:30 pace for 5 of those miles. Felt good, and full sun out and blue skies!

Ended up a pretty good week. Bad weather heading our way, originally I think the forecast was for today but now tomorrow and today was just fine, in the 40's and sunny. 7.25 miles today and a couple hours splitting and stacking firewood.

That brings my week to 37.3 miles on foot (literally) and 16 miles on the bike indoors. And about a hour worth of stair climbing at work.

Ended up a pretty good week. Bad weather heading our way, originally I think the forecast was for today but now tomorrow and today was just fine, in the 40's and sunny. 7.25 miles today and a couple hours splitting and stacking firewood.

That brings my week to 37.3 miles on foot (literally) and 16 miles on the bike indoors. And about a hour worth of stair climbing at work.

Good job Tristan, have you still go the ultra in mind?

Oh it is in mind, but sadly not likely. I think with this mild winter I may be ready for it mileage wise if I am just doing it casually and not competitive. But the issue was the gravel... just really rough in places. But I only saw a small bit of the trail. I'll try to go back and explore the rest of the trail and if it is better then there is hope. But in the heart of winter now there is going to be some snow and freeze/thaw it will be difficult to find a good day to even run a trail. When it warms up it will be a muddy mess! If only man didn't dump gravel all through the so called nature trails around here...

I've got a few other races I plan on doing, a couple big ones including the Columbus Marathon in fall and an 18 mile race in northern NY. So even if I can't sport the title of ultramarathoner I'll be happy to just do those.

Still searching for that perfect dirt or grass trail, with stretches through the pines where the trail is a couple inches thick of nice soft wonderfully smelling pine needles! There is a somewhat close by 24hr endurance run that is on a paved park trail. That I could run on easily, but I don't think a 24hr run is anything I'm close to being ready for! You can stop any time and it counts the same, but still it wouldn't feel right to drop out at only a quarter of the way through. And running a 1 mile loop over and over isn't very exciting. But if I can't find a barefootable ultra in the next couple years then maybe I'll try the NorthCoast24.

So where is everyone else this week? o_O

Reactions: skedaddle
Oh it is in mind, but sadly not likely. I think with this mild winter I may be ready for it mileage wise if I am just doing it casually and not competitive. But the issue was the gravel... just really rough in places. But I only saw a small bit of the trail. I'll try to go back and explore the rest of the trail and if it is better then there is hope. But in the heart of winter now there is going to be some snow and freeze/thaw it will be difficult to find a good day to even run a trail. When it warms up it will be a muddy mess! If only man didn't dump gravel all through the so called nature trails around here...

I've got a few other races I plan on doing, a couple big ones including the Columbus Marathon in fall and an 18 mile race in northern NY. So even if I can't sport the title of ultramarathoner I'll be happy to just do those.

They dump hardcore and builders rubble on the trails by me, you just can't run on that stuff, at least not barefoot for any length of time.
I tend to go off trail a lot and just run as the crow flies, but then you're dealing with barbed wire and angry bulls. It's a shame there are very few natural animal trails left. At least not here in the U.K.
The pics I posted are the ideal, this is more what i'm dealing with in the winter months on the lower levels.

IMG_0775.jpg

The other races you've got planned will give you plenty to work towards, and it's always good to have something stewing in the background for the future, even if it's not practically achievable now.

I ran 20.5 miles for the week, mostly outside in Sockwas, but 6 inside on a track that requires closed footwear, so went with Sockwas there, too. Plus, the other normal spin biking and swimming. And I started a simple weight training regimen.

I ran 20.5 miles for the week, mostly outside in Sockwas, but 6 inside on a track that requires closed footwear, so went with Sockwas there, too. Plus, the other normal spin biking and swimming. And I started a simple weight training regimen.

Nice going Songbird!
I've also started some core strengthening exercises, kind of let that slip lately beyond the use of a wobble board, but i'm back on it again trying to train my body, not my excuses, of which i've got really good at lately.;)

Reactions: happysongbird
So where is everyone else this week? o_O[/QUOTE]
At work, what about you? :)
36 miles for me for this week

Well it's weeks 6 now but I really don't have much so I didn't feel like starting a new thread unless someone else wants to.

I'm with Tedlet so far... all work and no play. Nightshifts this week. Miserable cold and snow made the conditions a little more harsh outside too. Mon-Tues nothing but some stairs at work. Wednesday got a 10 mile bike ride in on the rollers. Today I had about 30 minutes before getting ready for work I threw on my SoftStars and went down the road and back just for a quick 2 miles.