Mileage Reporting Week 3 of 2016

Runlite01

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2013
Denison Tx
Cool 5 mile run this morning at 4:45 am on one of my favorite paths.
Spotted some rabbits and something flying through the night sky and landed in a tree some type of bird.

Feet are good!
legs are good

First off-road run of the year yesterday, 11miles and chilly, headed out east so i could get what little warmth there was from the early morning winter sun directly on my face.
The ground was frozen solid, and where the four legged lawnmowers (sheep) had bee moved to lower pastures for the winter, most of the grass was left clumpy and very technical to run on.
Up high it was glorious, I felt so happy as i bathed myself in the crystal winter light and admired the haze free views you only get when its cold.

I confess to another treadmill run yesterday evening, 5 miles, but think I was still needing recovery from 2.5 hours of intense dancing on Saturday. Many times I feel like I've run at least a half marathon race after such fun. Could have also been affected by vacuuming the large house for a few hours with a 2 year old helping earlier the same day...Still, even if I didn't feel all that energetic during my run, I still feel better for doing it. Cross trainig on spin bike and in swimming pool today, plus a few weight training exercises that hubby was interested in shoe in me.

Well I've been absent for a couple weeks, both from the forum and from barefoot running. December was a great mileage month for me but so far January has not been so. It finally turned to winter! And I really didn't have much acclimation yet - heck many of my December runs didn't even count for the winter challenge! And now we went straight to singles and teens, far below my ability. No runs at all last week, but 2 workouts on the bike rollers indoor totaling 17.5 miles and 1hr 17 minutes.

This week after 11 days of no running I decided to put something on the feet and head out into the cold. 5 shod miles on Thursday in SoftStar Dash shoes. Today I did 7.6 miles, attempted barefoot but around the 1 mile mark I put my socks and shoes on. While it was about 30F out the path was about 25% covered in snow still plus wet melting snow parts. Toes were starting to freeze. After about a mile in my SoftStars I took em back off and did the rest of the run barefoot. Probably about .75mi on snow total. First barefoot snow run of the winter!
HOOT_snow_1_24_16.jpg

Also a couple workouts on the bike rollers this week, totaling 20 miles and 1:19.

And decided to change my avatar to a more season appropriate one, now that it's finally here.

I had a glorious 6.3 miles run outside on Wednesday. Got a lot of encouraging words from some fishermen afterward. Friday was two miles on the treadmill before a weight training appointment. Saturday, I was pretty tired, but really wanted to go out and run, so enjoyed a slow 6.5 miles. Then, I walked about 3/4 miles home. Also swam 20 minutes both Saturday and Wednesday. Lots of garden clean up could have contributed to being tired. There's always something.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts