Mileage Reporting Week 27 of 2015

Larry

Barefooters
Sep 13, 2012
It's looking very quiet here in MR land. Isn't it summer over there in the northern hemisphere?

Some good news for me this week - nearly 4 months after picking up a second met stress fracture. I've spent the last couple of months going through a rehab program with strengthening exercises, walking and a small amount of jumping of late, and I've been cleared to do a tiny bit of light running this week.

This morning - 30 second jog, 2 minute walk for 20 minutes on the beach. No soreness afterwards, which is great. Fingers crossed!

I haven't been dealing so well with the heat wave here. Did some aqua running in my pool Monday, but even that ended up with giving me a bad headache. The spin bike and swimming went better today. Schedule is weird tonight, as I have to make a midnight drive to the airport to pick up wandering husband, so hard to say if I'll be able to wake up before it hits 90°F in the morning...

Picked up a minor calf injury here -so having an enforced couple of weeks break:(...
Better safe than sorry I guess...

I can find it hard to take breaks when I need to, but always feel better for it and never lose as much conditioning as I am concerned I might. Heal well!

Okay, then. 10 miles barefoot before 8:15 AM, when it reached 82°F. After a good breakfast, I did some weeding, then hit the swimming pool for 20 minutes. It's been so hot that the water is almost too warm to swim in! But if I do it while at least part of the pool is still in the shade, it is nicer.

Reactions: scedastic
5 mile run on Tuesday am
5.6 mile run on Thursday am
5 mile run at 5:00 am today 81 deg., 73% Rh.
I love any breeze that comes my way.
I still see lightning bugs, rabbits and hear the owls.

Reactions: happysongbird

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090