Mileage reporting week 1 of 2015

3 mile run at 12:00 noon 30 deg. f., feels like 21, 16 mph winds.

Chilly!

Morning - rainy muddy shod run on local trails...around 3 miles.

Afternoon - first barefoot run of the year...4 miles park pavement with a runner from the Georgia chapter...balmy windy 60F with lots of puddles.

60 degrees.:wideeyed:Green with envy.

Fartleks Sunday, walked today. Beautiful full moon above the clear, loud cold. Windchill was almost -30F, air temp -11F I think. Funny, after last winter, this doesn't feel so bad.

Almost no barefoot running now for two months. At least I'm not in Winterpeg. We did get a thaw around Christmas, but I got a mild flu bug, so couldn't take advantage.

I think I'm going to try the everyday approach again for a while, even if it means more walking than running at first. Going to try to make 2015 a year of better consistency. Last year was terrible and I gained 30 pounds.

Another 5mi this morning. Since I don't have any specific training goals, my pace is often determined by feel, and weather plays a role. It's pretty warm in Florida, and I do better when it's cooler. Mid-50's today, and I still found myself overheating. Thursday should be in the high 40's, which should encourage a brisker pace. Unfortunately, if it's cool in FL, then it's probably freezing everywhere else. I feel for all of you! :D