Mileage Reporting 53 1/4-1st ish week

Had a great week of 68 miles (35 barefoot)

Some highlights,

Monday - 7 mile barefoot run where the middle 5 miles I ran at a sub 8 mm pace. Somewhat risky given my history of injuring myself when I push my pace. Ended up fine.

New Years Day - 20 mile barefoot run. Longest in 14 months. Now thoughts of another BF marathon are entering my mind, but I am in no hurry.

Saturday - 22 miles (shod) exploring a few of the mesas of the Zion 100 course. Had a personal guide, my friend who has completed it (the 100) twice. Was with a big group for the first 8.5 miles, but only 2 of us extended the run. Got some good climbing in.
1483366_10151797309787085_1198741006_n.jpg
1497733_10153713340005437_1369144806_n.jpg

Climb to the top of Grafton Mesa (about mile 60 of the Zion 100 course). Trail friends at the top. (Yes, I got the "Why are you in shoes? comments)

M
Havent run the last couple weeks till today. Too dang busy with holidays and sickness running rampant in my family. Did 2 miles in my monos this morning at a slow easy pace of 10:28/mile. My right calf is a bit tight this evening so I hope that doesnt get too bad. Anyhow, hope you all had a great holiday season and a happy new years.
My first run after being sick was short, felt good overall, but I ended up feeling pretty tight afterward. 3 days later, though, I was able to run 5.3 and feel much better, and today I went on a 2.5 hour hike in the snow with only getting a little tight near the end with all the ups and downs and keeping my footing in the snow - just to give you hope!

Reactions: Bare Lee
M
My first run after being sick was short, felt good overall, but I ended up feeling pretty tight afterward. 3 days later, though, I was able to run 5.3 and feel much better, and today I went on a 2.5 hour hike in the snow with only getting a little tight near the end with all the ups and downs and keeping my footing in the snow - just to give you hope!
Oh I wasn't sick, but the rest of my family got sick. I seem to have a pretty hearty immune system so (knock on wood) usually don't get everything that goes around the house.

Nick, i signed up for the shamrock. no one else here, so far, is doing it.

sat-hour very easy run. ran below to the low end of my maf zone. was still sore from my hike so i skipped my maf test. didn't do it today either. i went and met my daughter's boyfriend. i'm slipping because she thanked me for not embarrassing her.

Reactions: jldeleon
Oh I wasn't sick, but the rest of my family got sick. I seem to have a pretty hearty immune system so (knock on wood) usually don't get everything that goes around the house.

It must be all those shots you received while active duty. ;)

Nick, i signed up for the shamrock. no one else here, so far, is doing it.
Awesome Mike. I am signed up for the 15k, but am playing it by ear and may drop down in distance if I need to. Got a lot of stress right now and am trying to manage that. If I get a job soon it will help tremendously in the stress department. Also changing some lifestyle things such as diet, types of exercises, and sleep (sleep is because wife went back to work so I am now the one getting up every night with baby, so not a positive change). Gonna be doing more short distance runs, body weight exercises, and more general all body weights. I just ha my cholesterol checked by the va and got a huge lecture because my cholesterol has raised since last time it was checked, and it was slightly high then. It'll get better, just not sure how it's going to effect my training though for the 15k distance.

Reactions: migangelo
Saturday night: a good swim. Started w a 40 lap interval (just over a mile), and couldn't keep warm enough (pool wasn't very warm plus I'm getting a cold), so I worked harder at kicking to keep my heat.
Then, some laps with kids, lots of breaks, then lots of kicking laps with a few others thrown in, for a total of about 1.5 hrs.

Reactions: happysongbird
Back running since a couple of weeks, just did not report anything, as I started back really slowly.

What I did to try to get rid of PF, diet adjustment (got rid of almost all sugary stuff, drink a lot more water).

But I also looked at my form. So I am almost back to square one, and looking very carefully at how I run. I think the issue for me is that my left leg had an major surgery (knee reconstruction, patella fracture, etc) about 20 years ago, and I think it is out of alignment.

I have done about 34km last week, and this week I just started off with a 10.2km (6.3mi)

4 miles. Dog poop. Bare toes. MVFFs are finally falling apart after almost 3 years. But I am cheap and will just sew them back together -or velcro them. Lol. Oh and BTW my hubby and I went paleo 3 weeks ago. I feel good and so does he -he thinks he's lost weight. We are still working out a few kinks -like there's only one brand out of 30 brands of bacon that does not have refined sugar in it! All butcher store stuff has it too.

ya'll are posting in the wrong week!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts