Mileage Reporting 53 1/4-1st ish week

migangelo

Chapter Presidents
Jun 5, 2010
portland, or
i can't believe you guys let me start another thread! haha!

i went on my hour bike ride this morning. then i took the dogs out for 45 min. mind you i always include my warm up and cool down times which are from 25-30min total. i had to get out on the bike since my "run" is just over walking speed and barely able to hold a yogging pace.

Oh, I see how this works now. New thread. New Years Eve Morning 7km on the beach, followed by a surf. Last run for the year. I've still got a summer cold, but I'm trying to beat it by refusing to acknowledge its existence. I'm hoping I shake it by Saturday though, as there is a 10km fun run along the beach that raises money for the local surf lifesaving club. I'm running it for the first time, and I'm really looking forward to doing a fun run that I can do barefoot without worrying about the running surface.

It is apparently not my time to die after all. That was a rough 2 weeks! But I did manage 30 minutes on the spin bike last Friday and a relaxed 2 mile walk with the family on Saturday. Then, the last couple of days, I have actually been able to get a few things done around the house, with appropriate sitting breaks. No naps now for a couple of days. Still coughing and a weak voice.

Today, I really made progress and swam for about 15 minutes, followed by 20 minutes on the spin bike. Am thinking I might try a short run tomorrow if it is not stormy outside. It will be interesting to see how far back this has set me with stamina.

6 mile run this evening after work for me. Temp was mid 40's the geese flying over the lakes in my neighborhood were quite noisy. Had a pretty good run even though the calve muscles were a bit tired. Even so I still mentally felt like running another 2 or 3 miles.

Added up the mileage I have kept track of since March of this year and had over 600 miles. That's more than I ever thought I would accomplish. Most of that was barefoot. Have been running in the VFF's lately though due to the cold weather. Just didn't feel like running barefoot in the cold this winter. Suppose towards spring I will get anxious to run without footwear and will run BF in colder than usual temps just to get a jump start on some sole conditioning.

Great 5 mile run at 6:00 am., 27 deg., 71% rh., Last runn of the year.
It has been a wild year for running.
Approximately 1280 miles 95% barefoot.
1-full marathon (18 miles barefoot 9 miles with vivobarefoot evo) 27 total.
this was my first year of this much running ever.
I hope I can continue running barefoot next year.

Thanks again for all ya'll support!!

So happy to have gotten in one last run for the year. Took it slow, wore sockwas due to cold wet and slush, and made it 3.1 miles. Got some deeper parts of my lungs cleared out. That puts me at 674 miles for the year, 525 of them barefoot! I had no idea I could run that many miles in one year!

1:05 bike ride followed by 45m "run" with shoes. too cold and wet for bf. i don't want to suffer like i have in the past. i'll put my totals in once i figure them out.

Planned on running today, but it was cloudy, snowing, and bone chilling wind. I would have rather taken a day in the single digits if it were sunny and calm. So decided to jump on the treadmill which I rarely use. Infact I think the longest I have ever run on it has been 20-30 minutes. Typically I just do 5-10 minutes on it to warm up before weight lifting or something like that. Did 6.5 miles. For some reason treadmills seem so much harder for me to run on. But it did feel good not having to wear a jacket for a change, or hydration pack, GPS, phone, or even shirt. And I worked up a good sweat. Felt pretty good for being stuck inside I guess.

Ok, I think I posted some in the 52 week, but I'm gonna recap here:
Sunday: 6mi I think, then swim, a few weights in between
Monday: 4.5 run, snow, evening
Tuesday: 2.5 run in am, fluffy several unplowed inches, then
2.5 run in evening, fluffy unplowed driven over several more inches but still fluffy snow.
Temps very cold this week(single digits, low teens almost all week), but without the big winds that were being predicted but never came through, I'm feeling competent at dressing for the weather. Finally.
The Moc3s do very well with socks on, even with snow gathering around my legs and ankles. I get a shot of wet cold once in a while, but never frozen toes. No traction, but I'm not into what it would take to get it (thickness), and I don't even feel like I need traction unless I have serious ice and hills. So there, MOC3s, you are good winter shoes.

4 kilometers at 730 AM, skipping between remains of yesterday's party, burned fireworks and paper everywhere, the occasional broken bottle, 8-10 young men trying to find their way home in the beer fog. The silence after a couple of hellishly loud hours around midnight. The odd look from an old man walking his dog. The irritation from my wife as I came back: she woke up and I was nowhere to be found... (I didn't want to wake her up. But I'll write a note next time.)
A good run. 2014 will be a good year.

Ran 6.22 miles this morning, felt good, and was amazed at how fast I was moving for the heart rate I was running at. Also got my Christmas present in the mail yesterday and so I tried out a pair of the wool toe socks. They kept my feet plenty warm, and they should be helpful these next couple of months for those really cold days.

My average pace for this morning's run was 9:58. The average heart rate was 136. I went through the log and looked at all the runs in the past when I had used a hrm and for those with an average heart rate of 135-137, I had only had 2 of those with a pace average below 11 minutes per mile. I'm definitely running more efficiently and I'm in better cardio shape than I ever was between 2007 and 2010.

5 km run, no idea of time as I made a point of not looking as I crossed line. We have a New Years Resolution Run here in town every January 1st. This year was one of the coldest I have run, air temp of -28C with a wind chill of -39C. Wore KIGO's and made sure to try not to sweat under my layers, a chilly way to start the 2014 running season. Next on my list is a Ice Donkey which is in February sometime, still have to see if this works into my schedule.

hour bike ride that i finished 8min faster than yesterday. properly inflated tires make a big difference.
followed that with a 42min run. no dogs so i went slightly faster and i did it bf.