Mileage reporting 38th week of 2015

Holiday season done -so back out for my usual 2km lakeside route this morning... (yes I know it sounds a bit pathetic next to your 50 miles Chris, but someone has to be at the foot of the list!).

The Sun seems to be rising a lot later suddenly (is Summer really nearly over?), so it was quite dark for me this morning & not too much wildlife around. Still an enjoyable little run though.
Felt good to be back out again.:)

Reactions: Go Barefoot
Holiday season done -so back out for my usual 2km lakeside route this morning... (yes I know it sounds a bit pathetic next to your 50 miles Chris, but someone has to be at the foot of the list!).

The Sun seems to be rising a lot later suddenly (is Summer really nearly over?), so it was quite dark for me this morning & not too much wildlife around. Still an enjoyable little run though.
Felt good to be back out again.:)

Everything counts - right? :)

Tuesday 5 mile run
Thursday 5 mile run
Today Race Tour Des Fleur 20k at 7:00 am around Dallas White Rock Lake.
It was 79 deg. 74% Rh..
Lots of ducks and misc other water fowl.
Most excellent run dropped 15 mins off last years time.:D

Well my mileage hasn't been much recently and I haven't chimed in since my 18 mile race. That one left me pretty sore and I ended up taking a week off from running, though I got some hiking and cycling in. Then I had a pretty busy work week and only got 1 shorter run in the following week, and then a couple runs in early this week. I had a 5k planned for today that I wasn't sure about, after straining my right calf pretty good a few weeks earlier. But it felt recovered, though I hadn't got much runs in the last couple weeks. Decided to go for it, as long as my calf didn't seem like it was hurting. And I pulled of a new PR of 18:59! And I even eased off a bit since the next guy back was over a minute behind me and out of sight. Calf tightened up a bit after the race but not too bad, we'll see tomorrow.

Today Race Tour Des Fleur 20k at 7:00 am around Dallas White Rock Lake
Most excellent run dropped 15 mins off last years time.:D

Congratulations! Are you gearing up for running Dallas Marathon again? I'm seriously thinking about signing up for it, my first marathon. (We met at the race last year when was my first half.) I've been working toward the 20 mile race in FW in November and feel that it's quite doable, so why not the marathon five weeks later? Anyway, it would be nice to see another barefooter-or at least know you're out there!

I ended up not running again over the weekend after the 5k, so my weekly total ~15.5 miles. I need to start working that back up!

I did get out on the road bike several times, actually one of my highest weeks yet at 75 miles.

Sadly the warmth of summer is quickly fading. It's been many months since I was out on my bike in shorts and was chilled, but last night after the sun set I was!

Reactions: Go Barefoot