Mileage reporting 35th week of 2013

I've been having some strange, but very minor pains in the bottoms of my feet. So the temporary reduction was probably good. I wonder if it's early signs of PF or something. I've never had any problems in my soles before. I massaged them good with my wood foot roller
Hopefully, it's just a small adjustment period. I, too, have been through the wooden roller phase. As you know, I've tried a lot of different activities that I haven't done before. Each one has been accompanied by periods of adaptation. Depending on the situation, backing off a bit, adjusting the form, strengthening, stretching, or resting have helped.

Hopefully, it's just a small adjustment period. I, too, have been through the wooden roller phase. As you know, I've tried a lot of different activities that I haven't done before. Each one has been accompanied by periods of adaptation. Depending on the situation, backing off a bit, adjusting the form, strengthening, stretching, or resting have helped.
Thanks Sid. Yah, I haven't really used the wooden roller much since I got over my TOPF late last summer, but it seems to help a lot. The aches are diminishing, so I'm going to try for 30mpw this week and see how things hold up. If I run into trouble, so to speak, I can always return to my EOD routine, but I've kind of entered a period of experimentation, and want to see if I can run every day, and a bit more per week. I think I may make faster progress this way in the long run, although in the short term I seem to be stalled a bit while I adapt.

BTW, have you decided what your next fitness adventure will be after swimming? I miss your running reports, but it's cool you're into experimenting with different activities so much.

Reactions: Sid
3t4ph4n13, did i spell that right? oh well it's on another page. i have the forms. go big or go home, right? if they're the same sole you may experience the same thing. i have been running mostly bf. i've owned some TG which were nice. i have NB zeros, which i liked. luna o's, ok. vff, various ones which worked good to poor in the mud, kso.

Nick, not sure i want to see me in one either. just think of them as short shorts. there will be triple protection so you won't see the mouse get out the house.

nick and jen, polar bears. you all melt when it's over 60f and that's barely warm for me. gotta get outta here soon.

lee, light running, rolling, tp therapy, and even static stretching, when i'm warm, not cold.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
Nick, not sure i want to see me in one either. just think of them as short shorts. there will be triple protection so you won't see the mouse get out the house.

nick and jen, polar bears.
As long as the mouse does not get out of the house I suppose that will have to suffice...

Polar bears! Hahahahahahaha! I actually think I must have suffered from some sort of heat thing (heat stroke or heat exhaustion or some milder form?????) when I was in the Army because the heat never used to bother me, now though I get dizzy and feeling like I am gonna pass out once the temps start rising.

Reactions: Bare Lee
3t4ph4n13, did i spell that right? oh well it's on another page. i have the forms. go big or go home, right? if they're the same sole you may experience the same thing. i have been running mostly bf. i've owned some TG which were nice. i have NB zeros, which i liked. luna o's, ok. vff, various ones which worked good to poor in the mud, kso.

I think I'm going to go with some Pace Gloves... the trail gloves just look too bulky for me. I'm super overwhelmed with all the shoe choices but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy another pair of VFFs after what the toe pocket did to my toe during the race this weekend. Just something with a nice, wide toe box would be fine. I'm starting to really disagree with the assertion that toe pockets would promote a more natural toe splay than a wide toe box. All the material between your toes isn't natural at all.

BTW, have you decided what your next fitness adventure will be after swimming? I miss your running reports, but it's cool you're into experimenting with different activities so much.
I've been taking swim classes since Feb, and last week my instructor said that I had the basic forms for the first three strokes. So, she suggested that I take a break from classes and work on endurance. I got a set of training equipment to further work on the form, and I'll be doing what she recommended. She suggested a cumulative total of 50 miles as goal. At some point, I'd like to go back and work on the butterfly. That will keep me busy for a few months. Once, I get into a rhythm, I'm thinking about throwing in a weekend trail run, and the hot Florida summer is almost over. I have an idea for my next activity, and I'll keep people posted.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts