Mileage Reporting 2nd Week 2014

1:15 run. wore vff lontras. they worked surprisingly well on road and kept my feet warm sans socks. tomorrow if i'm up early enough i'll hit the trails before school. thursday is a definite trail day before school. friday going hiking through 2 miles of caves at the ape caves in WA. base of mt st helens.

Catch-up mileage report.

Saturday the 4th :)turtle:) I ran a 10km fun run, the Rip to River, along my usual running beach. Report soon, if I can get some time to write.
Monday 6th - 6km around the streets.
Today - 5.5km around the streets. Met up with some friends and ran a short stretch with them before they headed for the gravel track. Asphalt is starting to cause some toe issues, but more about that elsewhere.

1:15 run. wore vff lontras. they worked surprisingly well on road and kept my feet warm sans socks. tomorrow if i'm up early enough i'll hit the trails before school. thursday is a definite trail day before school. friday going hiking through 2 miles of caves at the ape caves in WA. base of mt st helens.

What are Lontras? Are those the ones you had from waaaaay back?

12km today, still take it very easy, but my PF seems to be resolved (no more pain in the morning).

I have set myself the goal to achieve 2000km this year, which I would have done last year if PF wouldn't have stopped me in November

45 min "run"/walk in my lontras. hr would jump too high when i started running. i mostly walked and that was actually faster than my "running" speed. high hr is a sign of getting sick and i don't feel great so i'm in bed right now at 6:30pm. night night.

One-mile run-commute this morning:
-24F /-31C air temp;
-53F /-47C windchill.

Cold, cold, cold.

Forecast high:
-15F /-26C.
-50F/-45.5C windchill.

WTF?

Schools are closed, recycling postponed a day.

Afternoon flight to LAX.
that's just far enough to get some crispy frostbitten toes :D I was out this morning 3.30am t-shirt and birds tchirping :DNormally it gets cold here too (mind you it's not north US but still)

Lower body strength exercises. I could not figure out where to ask this question so I will put it here. I am thinking about getting a rowing machine. How many of you use one and how effective do you think they are?

Reactions: happysongbird
5km in freezing rain and constant head wind. Fell asleep in the bathtub afterwards, exhausted. Perhaps I don't eat enough. (Food is boring, not least because I have to eat so much...)

I ran today with a newbie runner. Soon to be a newbie bf runner perhaps. Anyways, I ran bf and he said I was insane. Because it was cold and we ran in the dirt. Anyways, I ran with my shoes( not in them), just in case, because a I had to have a minor surgery about 2 months ago. I was not able (allowed) to run for a month after. Then the whole holiday thing, and I didn't have much time to get out. When I did finally get out, I noticed my feet had gotten soft, so now I've gotta rebuild. So, after about a mile n 1/2, we ran into a non-trail spot, of broken sandstone pieces and stickers... Very not fun! The newbie laughed at me when I put my shoes on. Bad idea. The rest of the run I pushed him just a little harder than he was ready for. It was a good run though!

Great to read everyone's reports!
@ OdiarAmor - nice to have you back!
@nisto - I have that issue with food more and more. So much work to keep eating!

Tuesday - 7.41 miles total. Wore Lunas and toe socks at first, then took them off for last 3.7 and had just the ol' feet. Spontaneously ran a minute per mile faster, then faster by 10 seconds per mile for the next 2 after that. Was only planning on barely 6 miles, but was having too much fun. Also knew a big storm was coming in, so wanted to make the most of it. Dry that day, but temps 27-30, so off to the Winter Challenge charts I go. :joyful:

Wednesday - 90 minutes on the spin bike

Thursday (today) - Very mucky outside. Was not excited about running in it, so decided to be responsible and use my energy to shovel a lot of our extra large driveway. Didn't get it all done, but worked at it almost 2 hours. Hope I can move my arms tomorrow... :yawn: I was not tough enough to do it barefoot, but wore my soft star boots. They are minimalist and allow very good foot movement.

First barefoot running miles of 2014 for me tonight, 5.12 of them in 48:38. The weather has made it tough to run these past 8 days so it just felt really good to be able to run barefoot this evening and settle into that comfortable rhythm. Felt much better, physically and mentally when I finished.

Wednesday: lunch swim, then sledding (yeah I count that. Climbing up that hill dozens of times has gotta count)
Thursday: 2.5 in about 5F still air. Felt balmy. Cold virus is having it's way with me, so sleepless nights and exhaustion prevented enthusiasm.
~55 min slow relaxed swimming to loosen up and breathe the warm moist air.