Mileage Reporting 17th Week 2013

Ran 3.75 miles on Thursday was very windy. Ran a bit over two miles yesterday but wanted to go further but left the house for the trails a little too late int the evening and had just finished supper. Worked in the yard the last too days. Planted peas in the garden Thursday and trimmed an apple tree Friday with one more to go today. Havent been on this site for a few days because my computer had a bit of a virus problem as our Norton subscription had ran out 2 months ago. This time gave it some free meds in the form of a free virus software pill called AVAST. Took care of the problems. Yipie! Planning on a run today but leg muscles are a bit sore. Just havent run enough consequtive days in a row for my leg muscles to handle it I think.

Ya, Lee, my hubby and I give each other sh$t all the time, too. I had to train him how to give it, however - lol! I always think about how, if people are listening to us in public, they must think we are really going at it, but it's all in good fun.

I used to "need" a public, but I have significantly smacked my ego down over the last couple of months. I "want" it, but I don't "need" it, anymore.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Ran a couple easy laps around local Rabbit Hill park on the way back from some errands...no rain but maybe tomorrow a rain run. Total today about 5 miles plus a mile walking to warmup/cool-down... 27 miles for the week probably do a reset on the miles next week.

maf test today. if you ask me the most useful but also the worse part of the program. running around a track for 3-5 miles. ugh. i at least had an improvement of just over a minute per mile in just over a month.

Lee, so ya, i want to run fast but with results that appear throughout my life and not just in my running, i'll keep doing it. i need less caffeine now, maybe none but i'm going there. feel great all day without wanting to always nap. blah, blah, blah.

i'll run fast again soon so i'm not too worried. i've got some torque in these legs to get them moving but not enough horsepower to keep them moving at speed. that's the goal. nothing happens overnight.

maf test today. if you ask me the most useful but also the worse part of the program. running around a track for 3-5 miles. ugh. i at least had an improvement of just over a minute per mile in just over a month.

I searched around the local parks and found a pond to run around for my Maff tests...beats the track any day.

Reactions: migangelo
A couple of runs around the mean streets of Grafton while I'm visiting relatives.

Yesterday I did 11.3km in shoes, the longest run I've done since high school (which was a loooooooooong time ago). Felt good. I learned a lesson when I tried to cut across a grassy paddock and didn't realise that there was a dip in the ground and the grass was almost waist deep - and wet. At least nobody saw me floundering my way through to the road.

Today I planned on doing a light 2-3km barefoot, but felt pretty comfortable and decided to do 4, and then missed a turn on the way home and nearly ended up doing 5. That's my longest BF run since I injured myself last year, so it's all going well with the slow transition. The outside bottom of my big toes are feeling a little scuffed up - just below the spot where the two big toes would touch if you put your feet side by side together - not sure if this suggests bad form. Anyway, no blisters, so it's onward and upward!

I'm off to a town called Ballina tomorrow, hopefully back to running on the beach.

Yesterday was pool time for about 45 minutes. I did regular laps along with a lot of water exercises and some at the 2 foot end, squats, squat walks, crab walks, lunges, leg circles, etc. 4.25 mile barefoot hike today! Getting giddy about a group run tomorrow! It was all I could do not to run today!!! I dislike running consecutive days - which is a problem when I have DIRE urges to run EVERY DAY!

OH, that's ok, I actually may never leave Zion, anyway! :p

You'll have to tell me how it is. I'm heading out next year - staying at Brian head and shuttling between Zion and Bryce Cyn...Doing Mono, Mammoth and Yosemite in Sept...

Reactions: jldeleon
Just did a lot of walking on the beach over at the coast this morning as I was digging up razor clams. Caught my max (15) in less than an hour and now have some great big clams to eat! Yum!

Wow!!! Really!?! David and I always talk about going clamming, but never do - that is exciting! I LOVE clams!

Wow!!! Really!?! David and I always talk about going clamming, but never do - that is exciting! I LOVE clams!
Yup, really. Got there at 6 am this morning and at abut 10 to 7 I had my limit. There was probably a couple hundred people there by the time we left this morning. Amazing how many people go do that. Make sure you watch for the tide reports. I think the next good window is in about 3 weeks or so, which we may go again.

Reactions: Bare Lee
The weather was too nice not to spend the afternoon with the fam. So no workout or run. Picnic in the yard and then a drive down to the river. After a nice dinner out on the deck, I did get to run down to the park with both my kids (all of us BF of course). That was great. Our toddler ran the whole .3 miles there. It was a great pleasure to run behind him and watch his beautiful strides. Fell down once, but I ignored his scrapped knees, which was enough to convince him that it wasn't any big deal. Man, it would be great to start running with my kids on a regular basis.

Lee, so ya, i want to run fast but with results that appear throughout my life and not just in my running, i'll keep doing it. i need less caffeine now, maybe none but i'm going there. feel great all day without wanting to always nap. blah, blah, blah.

i'll run fast again soon so i'm not too worried. i've got some torque in these legs to get them moving but not enough horsepower to keep them moving at speed. that's the goal. nothing happens overnight.
Yah, it's the same basic idea. Some go by numbers, some run by feel, but in the end we'll all get to where we're going.

did what I thought was a mild 10mi
ended up running 8:12 pace...oops :wacky:
The sun has that effect on me I guess

Woohoo! :) Just ran 4.82 miles- my furthest distance yet barefoot! :p

Decided since I didn't run yesterday that I try to sneak in a good morning run before tackling the last trimming of the monster apple tree in my back yard since I put it off yesterday and worked in the garden instead. Wanted to mix up the surface conditions some so drove to the park and ran 1 mile on the rough asphalt there then it was on to the trails (concrete) where I ran the remaining 3.62 mi and then there was the very rough asphalt with lots of ouchy:eek: pebbles on the camp ground road where the concrete trail ends and passes through the campground as an asphalt road (about .2mi) before turning back into concrete. I tried to focus on relaxing as during the run and felt pretty good about attempting to break my previous BF distance and decided this would be the day. After the run my legs didn't have that slight tightness feeling they usually seem to have toward the ends of my runs. My attempts to relax while running apparently worked. A 10K doesn't seem too far out of reach now and if I had too I bet I could run that distance. The bottoms of my feet where a bit sore from running on that amount of asphalt but not bad. Plan to add some aspahlt surfaces to each of my runs for taking the sole conditioning to the next level.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts