Mileage Reporting 15th Week of 2013

I will start it off this week.

Ran 11.79 miles with my run spouse and Sunday running buddy - 7-8 miles with them and a little extra by myself.

Ran on the hilly local chip seal roads to kinda test my feet to see where they are as far as tolerating rough pavement. Did this as a walk/run to keep my heart rate in the Maff training range....30 minutes out and about 32 minutes back...about 4.8 miles. Lots of walking and my feet started protesting around 2 miles so I had to mostly stay on the painted lines on the way back.

Pavement was actually feeling a bit hot towards the end and it was only 70F....feets are a bit stingy but no blisters:happy:

Today I napped. I also read 5 chapters and the author's somewhat puzzling perspective on bare feet running in Anatomy for Runners that Sid suggested. Seems to be a pretty interesting and useful book other than a couple of broad statements about barefoot runners being obnoxious and suggesting that the idea that most people could run without shoes is absurd. But he also makes statements that support the idea of being barefooted.

Today I napped. I also read 5 chapters and the author's somewhat puzzling perspective on bare feet running in Anatomy for Runners that Sid suggested. Seems to be a pretty interesting and useful book other than a couple of broad statements about barefoot runners being obnoxious and suggesting that the idea that most people could run without shoes is absurd. But he also makes statements that support the idea of being barefooted.
A good general fitness book I like is Alex Hutchinson's "Which comes first, cardio or weights?" The author covers in one book a lot of the info it took me months to glean from the internet. Wish I would've known about it a year ago. At this point you've probably come across most of the ideas in it, but it's worth having as a one-stop-shopping reference, well-written and smartly organized.

Yesterday I blew off my st workout. We were going to have a picnic, but the weather turned foul, so we had our picnic inside, and then I took a rare nap with my son. Woke up and had rib-eye with a nice bottle of Dancing Bull Merlot, then dance party.

Today my soles are still a bit painful from Saturday's run in the cold drizzle, but not as bad as yesterday. I may indulge myself and do tomorrow's run shod, to give the soles a break--NOT. I'm a barefoot runner, dammit. I need to knead the flesh.

My Nick-described addictive/religious personality is already looking forward to today's st workout and getting a good 'pump.'

ok disregard the other thread. didn't see you had already started one i guess? but i don't know how to delete the other entire thread.
Poor thing, what is it with you and new threads? I think we've moved beyond the accidental and into the statistically significant realm, but I still don't know how to interpret the results.

My Nick-described addictive/religious personality is already looking forward to today's st workout and getting a good 'pump.'
I don't mean anything bad by the addictive personality comment. It's actually how people get good/better at doing things. I got better at boxing and mma by becoming obsessed with them and learning everything I could and practice practice practice. It's not a bad thing, it's only individuals interpretation that makes it a bad thing.

I don't mean anything bad by the addictive personality comment. It's actually how people get good/better at doing things. I got better at boxing and mma by becoming obsessed with them and learning everything I could and practice practice practice. It's not a bad thing, it's only individuals interpretation that makes it a bad thing.
Agreed, I was just having fun with you. I gotta get better about using the smiling faces :wtf: .

I often use the phrase "get/be religious about _____" to describe my approach to working out. I need to be religious about it lest I fall off the wagon once again into sloth, chubbiness, and blur. And exercise is no doubt addicting, especially running, and now that my running has been improving again, and running conditions are becoming more enjoyable, I am definitely getting more obsessive about it once more. I spent 30 minutes this morning looking over new route possibilities while having breakfast. Once I can get over 10 miles, a lot more options open up. Just gotta make sure not to let my exuberance/addiction/obsessiveness get me into TMTS trouble again.

P.S., please don't sign Winfield!

Reactions: NickW
P.S., please don't sign Winfield!
I'm really hoping we do. We need a corner that can cover the slot badly. Nearly every pass play against the hawks was a team throwing to the slot receiver because Trufant just can't keep up anymore. We have a young guy, Walter Thurmand, who is really good in the slot but he can't seem to stay healthy. I think this is why they are even looking at Winfield. Seattle is also having a tryout for 4 qb this week too for the backup spot. I have a feeling they will also draft a young qb too that they think is low risk and high upside.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Shhhhhhh, I know it's against doc's orders, but I ran 1.11 miles today shod in my ucky kinvara's. I was taking my son to the park and decided to try running there slow and easy and see how I felt. My foot/ankle didn't feel any worse after being at the park for a half hour so I decided to run back as well. Man that felt great, despite being hindered by the kinvaras inflexibleness and clumsiness. So far everything seems ok so just gonna wait and see. I had decided to wear the kinvaras because the last couple times I ran in them I had some minor pain, but it was nothing like my last run, which was barefoot and I felt like my foot was about to break off at the ankle afterwards. I think going barefoot last time may have been too much for those muscles to handle and just stressed them out too much. Anyhow, here's to hoping I didn't do a dumb thing and set myself back again.

Shhhhhhh, I know it's against doc's orders, but I ran 1.11 miles today shod in my ucky kinvara's. I was taking my son to the park and decided to try running there slow and easy and see how I felt. My foot/ankle didn't feel any worse after being at the park for a half hour so I decided to run back as well. Man that felt great, despite being hindered by the kinvaras inflexibleness and clumsiness. So far everything seems ok so just gonna wait and see. I had decided to wear the kinvaras because the last couple times I ran in them I had some minor pain, but it was nothing like my last run, which was barefoot and I felt like my foot was about to break off at the ankle afterwards. I think going barefoot last time may have been too much for those muscles to handle and just stressed them out too much. Anyhow, here's to hoping I didn't do a dumb thing and set myself back again.

I AM TELLING!!!!!

Six and a quater miles at lunch time on a very rough chip sealed route now the soles of my feet feel nice and tingly :happy:

2 miles this am, until something unpleasant happened to my foot. Really strange, since I didn't feel tight, nor sore, nor anything unpleasant at all before all of a sudden sharpish ouchie on the top of my foot, the one that usually never ever gives me any trouble. Ah well. Taking the rest of the day off to evaluate. Could use the time to catch up on grading. Blech.

Oooooh, I did take the very dark country road, no moon, and some clouds, but saw about the brightest shooting star ever, low in the sky. What a treat.

2 miles this am, until something unpleasant happened to my foot. Really strange, since I didn't feel tight, nor sore, nor anything unpleasant at all before all of a sudden sharpish ouchie on the top of my foot, the one that usually never ever gives me any trouble. Ah well. Taking the rest of the day off to evaluate. Could use the time to catch up on grading. Blech.

Oooooh, I did take the very dark country road, no moon, and some clouds, but saw about the brightest shooting star ever, low in the sky. What a treat.

The ouchie part sucks I hope is nothing serious.
Everytime I see a shooting star my heart feels warm and fuzzy...weird.

I love that tingly feeling!

Wife and I plan to run tonight after I'm off work. Can't wait as temps are in the 70's.

I don't know what temp it was when I ran but it was just wonderful no need for extra clothing just shorts and shirt I am guessing it was around mid 60's right now as I type this the temp is 71 degs. It does really feel good.
Have fun running with your wife. Do you two run at the same pace?