Mileage Club

Hi Everyone, As you have seen, a few of us have been posting our weekly mileage. Every mile is something to be proud of so don't be shy if you only ran a mile or two for the week. Heck, if you have just run your first 1/4 mile barefoot, post it!
We will be continuing these weekly updates, and if I'm late starting the thread, anyone is welcome to jump in and do it! If you prefer to keep your miles Sunday-Saturday, that is fine, it doesn't really matter as long as you post.

At the end of the year there will be award certificates for people that have run various increments like 500, 1,000, or more if we have some really high achievers! The categories will be (and I can't promise it won't change)

Barefoot: Miles run with skin on the ground in the same calendar year.

Minimal/barefoot mixed: Basically all miles run bare and/or in a minimal shoe in one calendar year. Shoes that count are moccasins, VFF, huaraches, and the like. Nike Frees, racing flats etc. are not minimal shoes.

First barefoot miles: There will be special mention for folks running their first 500 and first 1,000 miles. These totals can span more than one year, so if you ran 200 barefoot miles last year, you can add it to 300 this year and become member of the club (to be named by some clever person in the future
smile.png

This will all be on the honor system, but if you have never entered anything in the mileage report, we might not believe you :) So start reporting those miles!!

I just started reporting

I just started reporting yesterday, it's not much but it's better than sitting on the couch ;). I run in vibrams and racing flats, I am going to switch over to vibrams and keep it minimal. The racing flats hurt my right ankle. it feels like circulation is being cut off. I am hoping to run all barefoot by end of summer. It's a goal not a promise. I am hoping to get over my bofp on the right problem and keep progressing.

are we reporting cross

are we reporting cross training at all too? I'm curious to see how much xt others are getting in in addition, hoping I can swing a marathon with lots of cross training (work and play) in my schedule

Is bodyboarding in the ocean

Is bodyboarding in the ocean with fins considered cross training when the surf is high? It does take a lot of energy to paddle back out after each wave run, and I am very tired after an hour!

Okay, Wendy, I'm in!  My

Okay, Wendy, I'm in!

My yearly right now is 633.2... so I might be making 1000 this year. This will be my first 1000 mile year. I've never logged before, but I've definitely never run this much. I only rarely wear minimalist shoes, so I haven't made a distinction in my log.

Yes, treadmill running

Yes, treadmill running counts, in minimalist footwear or barefoot.

Time spent running...hmmmm. Now that's funny.

I have been training for a

I have been training for a half marathon, so my mileage has been increasing steadily every week. This past week I did 21 miles with 10 coming on my long run on Sunday. Its great! I eased into running in my vibrams, and now I feel I can go any distance. Keep up the good work everyone.

Abide wrote:I think we need

Abide said:
I think we need a "time spent running" club. For the slow runners like me this will help equalize the results :O

Agree with that Abide. I just started bfr the past 30 days and time I run is more important to me than mileage. Having said that, I'm also a slow runner at this point so know it takes me about 15 minutes to run a mile. I did my second 30 minute run this morning, which felt great, so I ran about 2 miles. I mean second run this week so I have run about 4 miles this week. I plan to only do 2-3 30 minute runs a week for now.

Barefoot Larry wrote:Is

Barefoot Larry said:
Is bodyboarding in the ocean with fins considered cross training when the surf is high? It does take a lot of energy to paddle back out after each wave run, and I am very tired after an hour!

Damn right that counts, surfing is one of the best total body workouts there is.

He didn't say surfing, he

He didn't say surfing, he said "bodyboarding" AKA boogieboarding. Surfing snobbery aside, bodyboarding would be a much better cross-training workout than stand-up surfing because you are kicking and not really paddling. Kicking with no impact could only be an amazing thing for runners IMHO.

Hey everyone...what's a mile?

Hey everyone...what's a mile? If I log kms will you understand, or do I need to do the conversion for you all?

This week I clocked 130km which I understand is about 82 miles. I am looking to do around 500km this month or in imperial terms around 310 miles. I will let you know how it goes.

Keep on running my fellow BFers ;)

We can convert at the end of

We can convert at the end of the year, if you wish.

Cozmos74 wrote:Hey

Cozmos74 said:
Hey everyone...what's a mile? If I log kms will you understand, or do I need to do the conversion for you all?

This week I clocked 130km which I understand is about 82 miles. I am looking to do around 500km this month or in imperial terms around 310 miles. I will let you know how it goes.

Keep on running my fellow BFers ;)

I like to use this simple conversion 1 mile = 5 km.

The link does not

The link does not work.

Welcome!

the link wont work if you

the link wont work if you click on it (not sure why), but if you copy and paste it into the browser it works.

http://traininglog.runnersworld.com/profiles/d9839d0ed74c4a2fa4fb1428e40bb09d

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts