Michigan Plan

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
I just posted this to the Michigan Chapter Forum but realize that not all MI members read the chapter stuff so I'm re-posting here. Of course anyone from surrounding states may also want to join in, if we do officialy select Ann Arbor remember two years ago at the inaugeral event the announcer recognized us and gave out barefoot division awards!
There are 10K, 5K, and 1/2 mile races. We could even get some non-running barefooters to enter the 1/2 mile if they desired to be a part of it, as well as some shod runners that raced Saturday and want to try a barefoot 1/2 mile.

Time to plan IBRD event for May 5 2013. There are two I see....KZoo and Ann Arbor/Burns Park. Based on previous IBRDs at both I'm guessing Burns Park should be the one this year. Do we vote or have our Pres officialy choose it? Lets get it done and post it to the group at large and maybe people will have time to plan their calander accordingly.

Wish I could come, but I do think this is the right event to do.. I'll be seeing what other chapters are doing.. probably looking for something in VA or NC (along route 77) or maybe just running myself somewhere.. The following day I'll be running on the beach!

OK, it's official.
MI chapter proudly announces the return to Ann Arbor's Burns Park 5K/10K for IBRD 2013.
The event has to be appropriate, checking images of the 2011 event the official slideshow has a HUGE picture of Smelph crossing the finish line barefoot in compression sleeves.
abouth the fifth or so pic in the slideshow.
http://www.annarbor.com/sports/images-from-the-burns-park-run/

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts