Merrell Mud Run Series Barefoot Division

What are the obstacles? 

What are the obstacles? Barbed wire? Walls? Are they in place, or do we have to bring our own? ;-)

From Mokaman on the old

From Mokaman on the old site:

I explored the trails on the new course yesterday at the Olympic Horse park for the Atlanta D & D mud run...much slower course than the first one. There is about a mile worth of gravel roads split into 2 sections...its smaller crushed gravel mixed with bigger gravel... this was challenging in some spots due to the different gravel sizes.

There is a good bit of grassy sections which was good but the grass is a little tall in some spots right now. The sections on the mountain bike trails are better and slower for sure, lots more rocks and roots and leaves were already covering some spots...you have to be careful on this and watch your speed.

All in all this a better course except for the gravel road sections...it took me about a minute per mile longer on the time at my slow pace. The shoe runners will not be much slower on this course so they will have a bigger advantage even with Vibrams over any barefoot runners.

I didn't get an exact distance as I ran several extra miles but it was around 6 miles for the course. I'll be running there several more times in the next few weeks so if anyone wants to run the course before the race let me know...maybe we can get a small group run there.

TJ - the obstacles are all climbing over stuff or crawling under stuff...the down and dirty part...all good fun.

I'm available on Sundays

I'm available on Sundays until the end of September, so let me know when you want to do it, and I'll meet you over there. Looking forward to it, gravel and all!

From Mokaman on the old

From Mokaman on the old site:

It would have to be Sunday Sept 17th since there is the Duluth Fall Fest 5k I'm running on the last Sunday in Sept...TJ are you going to that 5k too?

That's my son's 9th

That's my son's 9th birthday. Can you run on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays at all, in the evening? What time do you get off work?