Member Profile of the Week - Evelia "Barefoot Dama" Hauck - Barefoot Lady

dama.jpg

Member Profile of the WeekEvelia "Barefoot Dama" HauckBarefoot LadyWe know Evelia Hauck as “Barefoot Dama” on our forums, which for those of you who didn’t take any Spanish in high school means “Barefoot Lady.” She is 55 years young, originally from Mexico, but has lived in Coralville, Iowa, for the past 23 years. Evelia studied two years of electronic engineering which has led to her present career as a biomedical technician. Her two sons are grown, but sadly, her precious Golden Retriever Sunny passed away two years ago. Evaliahikes and gardens and basically enjoys anything that allows her to be outside.She has been running for about 6 years, though the last 20 months have been barefoot. Evalia considers socks her minimalist go-to, but only about 1% of the time, and adds that since going bare, all her runs have become “memorable.” She says of her favorite distance, “The longer the run the better. I truly enjoy running long just for the fun of it. Anywhere from 15-20 mile long runs.” It’s no mystery then that her favorite race is the marathon. Evelia has some nice PRs:Mile 6:50; 5K 24 mins;10K 47 mins; 1/2 Marathon 1:50; 25K 2:05; Marathon 3:58Barefoot Dama enjoys running because, “It truly makes me happy and saves me from myself.” The reason she runs barefoot though is more practical, as in having Morton’s Neuroma.Her concluding comments were, “I am just plain crazy,” and in answer to why she joined the Barefoot Runners Society was so she “can be among friends”....hmm, is she saying we’re all a bit looney? ;-)

Hi Larry, yea I new from RW that we were in the same field..how cool is that?

The hospital where I workhas around 700 beds so yea we have thousands and thousands of equipment to look after.

Barefoot Biomedical Society..uhmm, now, that's a thought.

Hi Dama,

Sorry the site was hosed up during a migration by the hosting company while you were being featured this week. I will be leaving your profile up for another week, once we've come back online.

TJ