Suggestion mark forum read

migangelo

Chapter Presidents
Jun 5, 2010
portland, or
so can we get a box to mark forums read or ones we want to mark as read while we search through new posts? as it is now i have tto look through pages of new posts that i don't want to read to look for ones that i do. i can't come on here everyday and it takes time. having a box to mark them would be great.

make sense? if not it's because i want to nap so bad right now.

Reactions: Sid
I'm not sure I understand. There is a Mark Forums Read link in the main menu bar. If you are looking at the main index of all forums, and you click that, you can then mark all forums as read. If you are in say just The Barefoot Pub, and click on Mark Forums Read, you will be given the option of marking all threads in that forum as read or marking all threads in all forums as read.

Does this have anything to do with Neil's other Site Help issue with the marking of forums, perhaps?

Oh, and do you use the What's New? link? If not, please check it out. It makes everything much easier to navigate.

I think what Mike is saying is that he would like the option to mark specific forums (such as optimal strength training for runners while not clearing the whole board as mark forums read does). At least that's the way I read what he wrote.

I prefer to go to the main forums page and see where new posts are and then open the relevant sections.
I used to do it that way. It just took a lot longer. Different strokes. More than one way to skin a cat. And all that jazz. :pompus:

I think what Mike is saying is that he would like the option to mark specific forums (such as optimal strength training for runners while not clearing the whole board as mark forums read does). At least that's the way I read what he wrote.
Do you mean mark certain forums or mark certain threads? Read what you wrote. If it's to mark certain forums, he can do that, but he has to be in that forum to do so; otherwise, he is asked to mark all forums read. If it's to mark certain threads as read, then we have no way to do that. We would have to pay for an enhancement, if we wanted it. Is it worth it to take away from our funds for this feature? I don't think so, but if enough people ask for it...

Note: If anyone has extra time to research this at http://xenforo.com/community, to see if I am correct, please feel free, and let me know what you find out.

Totally understand. Congrats if I didn't say it before.

i go to the "what's new" page. i was wondering if each thread could have a box so i could mark those and basically delete them. if i click on a thread, when i go back to "what's new" i have to search through them all over again until i get to the next thread i want to read. with a box i can check off the ones i don't want to read and sift through the new threads faster that way. there are a lot of chapter threads and some international ones that don't pertain to me nor would i be able to read them.

make a little more sense? sort of like your email box. the way it's currently set up is if you check all forums read it clears out everything. i don't want that. i want to search for threads to read but don't enjoy the time of sifting through threads i don't want to read over and over again.

i guess it goes on the wish list.

Yes, that makes perfect sense. That's definitely not built into the platform. Sorry.