Manly Dam Trail Run - BRS Australia Chapter

On a lexicographical digression, or maybe etymological, did you realize that women are "Vipers" in the original, non-distorted sense that they are "viviparous." That is, baring live young.

kalipyjamas said:
still struggling with man made surfaces​
Hmm, that's interesting. I was loving the trails and hating man-made surfaces, until I addressed some form and functional issues. Anything in particular causing problems?

Not so much lovely smooth asphalt Sid......its the lack of it here :) Most of the tarred roads around my village are shitty sized loose laid blue metal, and the ones in town are similar.....thats ok for a km or two but when 80% of a road run is on "stones on tar" it kinda takes some of the fun out of it for me ! Although darn right, it undoubtedly means I need to work on form....I'm still such a novice that the road brings out old tendancies / habits so I'm hoping that sticking more to trails will help "dial in the style" :barefoot:
I also had a mini epiphany last week whilst I was getting lost for three hours somewhere between the common and the dam.........those damn firetrails that I hate so much and have been struggling with.....THEY ARE MAN MADE after all!!!! Graded gravelled fire trails are not natural. What is natural is the lovely varied terrain in between the trees and rocks off the trails....but unfortunately that brings the snakes back into the equation . Back to square one.

On a lexicographical digression, or maybe etymological, did you realize that women are "Vipers" in the original, non-distorted sense that they are "viviparous." That is, baring live young.
Yup and when they become old and barren they turn into cougars! :muted:

Wow, very impressive! Blue metal roads and fire trails sound immensely challenging. One thing that I've noticed is a much higher level of exertion when running on gravel, pouring sweat and out of breath. Gravel feels like prancing on fire, which makes the rest of the trail like dancing on air.