Left knee aft inner pain where the ham string connects

Modenacart

Barefooters
Jan 3, 2014
New Bern, NC
Brief history, had shoulder surgery October 10 and doctor told me "heavy" weight training was not in my future and to find a new hobby, so I took up running in late November. I decided to do this barefoot because it just seemed right.

I have had lots of PAS pain in the left knee in the past running shodded and though running barefoot would help. Got the PAS pain at first after a month and waited two weeks and it was gone. Now I am having other knee pain. The progression has been all in the left knee as follows (inner = left, outer = right), fwd upper inner. Moved to fwd middle inner then fwd lower inner. Then moved to fwd outer lower, then back to the inner but aft where the ham string attaches to the back of the knee. This is at about the two mile mark and once it really comes on, I have to walk. I was running about three miles when it moved to the latest spot.

I run on aspalt two to three times a week. Since the new pain location it is more like two times. I am getting pretty disccouraged as my form and feet have gotten "good" enough that I don't get blisters anymore but my feet do get sore on the skin when I stop but is usually gone the next day.

Any help would be great.

Josh

what is pas pain?

Are you needing more advice on this Mod?

I can ask one of the docs to respond if you need me to.

One should check in shortly.

I think I have Morton's toe also. My second toe is longer than my big toe. I haven't had problems because of this I know of, but I tend to walk on the outside of my food. I have been focusing on putting my weight on the balls for a little while.

Josh,
thanks for the note and sorry for delay. really hard to tell you what to do with the symptom. running injuries involve the whole kinetic chain. tight hip flexors and lack of hip extension while running is a culprit, as is weak hips and femoral internal rotation on landing. so a full assessment of mobility and stability is needed to address the cause. for running stride shorten it up a bit and land closer to center ..usually this is higher cadence. hope this helps. Mark