Last minute Dec meetup, who's in for Thurs 9th afternoon?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by barefoot.zumba.runner, Nov 29, 2010.

1. barefoot.zumba.runner Barefooters

Message Count:
    Hey gang, I'm planning a very loose group run meet up next Thursday the 9th. I realize this is super short notice, though as events would have it...I'll be up in in the metro for the afternoon. Let me know if there's interest in meeting up and I'll throw something together (thinking 3/4pm ish), may need your help on meeting place etc. SP, when do you take off for Hawaii? Either respond to this post, or pm me those interested in meeting.

Zum

If you aren't able to meet up at this time, please feel free to carry on with your other tentatively scheduled (ehem, Gundy led) run.

Hoping to get a good run in with you all, perhaps we could even look into a track somewhere for a true barefoot run? I'll be in the Cottage Grove area though can make myself available wherever up there.

2. saypay45 Chapter Presidents

Message Count:
    Iam leaving for Hawaii on the 10th. Plane leaves at 2:30 p.m.

Ican meet up for a run after work depending on the location and time. Rush hour commuting sucks for me. If we meet in the Southwest metro (Eden Prairie, Shakopee, etc.)I can be there by 5pm. Anywhere else I can be by 6pm or so.

Thanks for taking the ball and running on this one Zum!

3. barefoot.zumba.runner Barefooters

Message Count:
    Do you know what Staring Lake is like? Iused to run that back when I lived in EP, though i'ts been ages since I was there last. Looks like the trail around it is about 2.5mi. I'm trying to remember where the parking lots are, Iknow there's one right above the big park area though can't remember if you can access the path around the lake from there.

4. barefoot.zumba.runner Barefooters

Message Count:
    SP, is 5pm the earliest you can meet? I don't have a head lamp, will we be good with just yours you think? Don't want to be putting you at risk of anything dangerous before your big race! :p

Looks like we can access the trail that goes around Staring Lake from the Park lot, so we'll go that route in regards to a meeting point. Staring Lake Park (off of Pioneer Trail) directions: www.scleroderma.org/chapter/minnesota/staringlake_directions.htm. We can vary distance by multiple loops around the lake (one loop is about 2.5mi) so we can do 2.5m, 5mi, 7.5mi depending on interest. Time yet to be determined. If you've got a headlamp, we may need it. I'll work out kinks before putting up the official post here and on FB.

5. saypay45 Chapter Presidents

Message Count:
    Iwork until 4:30 pm, so 5pm at the earliest is what I can make. Ithink we'll be fine with one headlamp, and I would plan on wearing VFFs so Idon't get any last minute scrapes to the feet in the dark.

I'd probably want to keep the mileage down in the 2-3 mile range. Iwill be at the end of my taper at that point.

6. barefoot.zumba.runner Barefooters

Message Count:
    Ok, looks like Lyle can meet earlier 4 ish. So maybe him and I...and others can meet earlier then plan on meeting with you for the last loop around at 5pm in the parking lot up by the park. I'll just note that we'll have two groups, one meeting at 4pm to do at least one loop around and another group meeting at 5pm looking to do 2-3mi. Do you want me to write it up or do you want to?

7. McMary Barefooters
    1. Deutschland-Ger...

Message Count:
    I'm in!
  8. barefoot.zumba.runner Barefooters

Message Count:
    Sweet Mary, see you then! what time should we expect you?

9. McMary Barefooters
    1. Deutschland-Ger...

Message Count:
    I can't shake this cold, so I'm afraid I can't make it! Have fun!
  10. barefoot.zumba.runner Barefooters

Message Count:
    sorry we missed you Mary!

Hope you're feeling better soon, see you at the next run