Julian Romero on CNN

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
This is one of the fastest known barefoot runners in America. This was shared by Rick:

Anyone who didn't catch Julians stellar interview on CNN, check it out here. He did us proud!!

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-427321?hpt=Mid

Great interview! Loved that

Great interview! Loved that the guy at the end ditched his shoes too and Ken's responses. I hear a lot about foot fungus worries, PF, stinky feet etc...all of which are shoe related.

I know, the guy at the end

I know, the guy at the end who took his shoes off because of calf cramps was able to finisht the marathon barefoot. He was holding in Nikes in his hands while he was interviewed. Sweet!

Julian actually took 14th place last year at the LA Marathon in his age group, 70th overall. He ran it in 2:56:22. That's a 6:43 pace. Yikes! Not bad for nothing on his feet. His brother Alex Romero is a much faster runner though and is a barefoot runner too. At the Duke City Marathon, Alex took first place and Julian came in second. There were only 180 runners though. Julian took 10th in his AG at the San Francisco Marathon. It goes on and on like that. You can check them out on Athlinks to see more. I'm really impressed with these two...and jealous. I would like to run faster too, then I wouldn't have to worry about them closing the finish line down before my turtle self crossed over it! Ha!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test