JASON: Did WE ever officially break the barefoot running record in GR?

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
I would say the difference is

I would say the difference is with the Grand Rapids' event, they ran.

I had just asked Jason this a

I had just asked Jason this a few days ago and he responded with a no. I'll let him drop the details but it seems bureaucracy killed our dreams.

I'm willing to try again at the next meetup though.

I had a sneaky suspicion but

I had a sneaky suspicion but was afraid to ask. :-(

VERY long story short- we did

VERY long story short- we did not have the required "impartial judges" present to verify the event. There were other flaws due to my poor planning. In retrospect, the scope of the event far outweighed my ability to plan and finances I had available. If I were to do it over again, I would secure sponsors ahead of time, then pay people to handle the many logistics.

I feel really bad about the aftermath, but don't like talking about it. For me, it was an incredibly positive weekend that demonstrated the potential for barefoot running. The actual world record process left a very bad taste in my mouth on many fronts which I would prefer to forget.

As it turns out, we're NOT just a few weirdos scattered around the country. :)

I won't tackle this challenge again, but would be more than willing to share everything I learned with anyone else that would like to try.

The meetup was a tremendous

The meetup was a tremendous success, and all that came felt the trip there was well worth it!

Besides, it was what got me started running more than just a couple of minutes per week!

Mr Dama's pics from the "other" site:

that reminds me....where the

that reminds me....where the heck did my t-shirt disappear to? I bet it's still in the suitcase.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test