Jammed Pinky Toe - Healing Time?

PB Junkie

Barefooters
Oct 31, 2011
Idaho
Nine days ago I "jammed" my right pinky toe by accidentally running into my dog's big heavy chewy bone. The chewy bone was up against something immoveable. I had x-rays taken and they didn't see a fracture.

Now my pinky toe is still very swollen, along with the top of my foot near my toes. There is still some bruising.

I know everyone is different, but I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and how long it took for the swelling to subside. The only shoes I can wear without pain are my Luna Sandals, which are chilly this time of year, not to mention strange looking in an office setting. Putting on Injinji socks or regular socks hurts so socks are out.

So if you've had this happen, how long before your swelling went down?

Signed, a cold-footed clumsy person.

I jammed the third and four toes about three weeks ago.
they both had bruises and some swelling especially the four toe(fourth toe still swollen just a bit) they both still hurt a little to the touch but I didn't stop running.
I could only run BF at the beginning though.

I did something similar a couple of summers ago and just took at least a month off of running while it healed, but I wasn't up to as much distance then. I think it would be harder now, but I always have the spinning bike and swimming to keep me exercising. It was summer, so I didn't have to worry about any kind of shoes, being that my work is at home.

Ran a mile on the TM this morning using my Luna sandals. Felt good. Then I smacked the same toe into my bed a little while later. :mad: I'm not going to let it slow me down any though.

Thanks everyone!