Itasca Moccasin Cota

Sid

Barefooters
Jan 1, 2011
Florida
Itasca Moccasin Cota
http://www.itascamoccasin.com/category/leathergoods.moccasins.men/

CONSTRUCTION
These are made of high quality, durable, medium thickness leather.
They have the appearance of being handmade, not in a custom-fit bespoke manner, but appear crafty.

FIT
Using their custom fit option, a tracing of each foot was faxed, with special notation regarding my bunion. It took a few weeks for the shoes to be made.
The shoes were too snug in the toe box. They were the proper length.

CUSTOMER SERVICE
Good service over the phone, during initial call to discuss the custom fit option. Initially, was leaning towards the Leitner, an entry level shoe, costing a little over $100. It was recommended that the Cota would be better, due to having laces, costing a little under $200.

Spoke with same gentlemen, after the shoes arrived. It was recommended that after wearing, the leather would stretch.

OPINION
I was very disappointed in these. I had hoped that by using a custom tracing, that the toe box would be wide enough. Due to my bunions, it’s not comfortable to have any pressure along the side of the big toe. Unlike some other shoes, the leather was quite thick, and it would have taken quite some time to stretch out the leather, all the while placing pressure on my bunions.

I was hoping to wear these shoes for the office, but they appeared too crafty. They do look perfect for those with cold feet, while lounging around at home. They seemed quite warm during the time that I had them on.

Itasca offers a guarantee. It became obvious that these shoes would not work for me as office shoes. The Itasca gentleman didn’t offer to take them back for adjustments, and I didn’t ask. These shoes have been written off as an expensive lesson on what type of shoes won’t work for me.

Itasca appears to be a good company with good service with quality products for specific purposes. It seems that they would be ideal for people with shoe-shaped feet. Fortunately, I am not one of those people.

http://www.itascamoccasin.com/#company?show=return
We guarantee a perfect fit for orders placed with custom foot tracings. If your moccasins do not fit, please return them and we will alter or replace them at our discretion to correct the fit. You are responsible for shipping costs back to the store but we will cover shipping charges when the altered or replaced pair is sent back to you. Please allow approximately two weeks for alternations.

It seems that they would be ideal for people with shoe-shaped feet. Fortunately, I am not one of those people.

Bragger! Lucky dog, you. Hee. :really playful:

Reactions: Sid