Is IBRD '13 Really May 12?

Longboard

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
I was just looking for a southeast MI race for the event and found a "women only" one near Ann Arbor.
Then I realized it's Mother's Day!
A lot of guys may have a hard time convincing non-running spouses that it's a better idea than breakfast in bed.

Reactions: NickW
I was just looking for a southeast MI race for the event and found a "women only" one near Ann Arbor.
Then I realized it's Mother's Day!
A lot of guys may have a hard time convincing non-running spouses that it's a better idea than breakfast in bed.
wow....not thought through very well if this is the case....

Reactions: NickW
Actually this may work great! Our local runner's club always has a Mother's Day race which consists of a 1-mile fun run and a 5K.
Both races are timed but no awards are given - strictly fun runs to get mothers and families out running together. There's always a huge turnout! What better environment than that to encourage barefoot runners to come out and give it a try?

Okay, beeatch me out then! Geez! We had it on the first Sunday in May and some people threw a kanipshin because it conflicted with their Cinco de Mayo drinking. If we have it too late in May or after, then it's too hot. I do the best I can.

Ok, lets think this over, I still like the first Sunday in May personally, beer or no beer. What is the concern with having a few beers after a nice barefoot run in the morning. I personally say nothing. I usually do drink beer and run on Sundays anyway, so I don't see the harm either way.

Regarding Mother's Day, could be a bit of a challenge (I honestly did not realize it was Mother's Day either), that is usually my grovelling at the wife's feet day, she usually goes out for a very long run (50km or so) on Mother's Day and she returns the favour for me on Father's Day when I run the Manitoba Marathon.

TJ, as the date has not been written in stone yet, since I am the coordinator this year. Could we have a quick poll that ends on Dec 30, 12 and then we will make a decision on the consensus of the members here.

I also think that we should be consistant, since we had IBRD on the first Sunday of May for the first two years, I am not sure about changing it now. Just my two cents.

I didn't want to change it either but that damn peer pressure got to me. ;) Please feel free to handle this however, and if you want to put a poll out, that's fine too, but just so everyone knows it sticks this time...no changing it again. Right?

Absolutely, I will get a poll post out as quickly as possible. When I get it set up can I get you to either show me how to get it onto the Main Feed or have your assistance in doing so. Would be greatly appreciated.

How about adding it to the Announcements forum and then moving it with a redirect to the IBRD forum?

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
I just figured that the majority of barefoot runners here seem to be American married guys with kids, so that Mother's Day could be a conflict for some. Then when I realized it was my wife's birthday as well......

I will give that a whirl.