Introducing Your New Secretary, Sara Lord!

SaraLord1.jpg

Introducing Your new BRS Secretary, Sara Lord!

We are pleased and proud to announce the addition of a new staff member at the BRS, SaraLord. Sara has stepped up to take on the Secretary’s role and will be available to answer any questions you may have. Sara has been a long time member and great supporter of the BRS. She is also the New Mexico Chapter President.

Sara has been living in New Mexico for the past two years, but she originally hails from New England where she attended Providence College in Rhode Island. She also lived in Hong Kong for a period of time. Sara is a Buddhist, who is also a vegetarian.

She is modest in stating that she works as a self-employed artist, as I know she wears many hats. She’s into wood carving, drum making, soap making, mobile making, and restoring a 1974 VW Karmann Ghia. She’s also a veteran having served in the Marine Corps, indeed a proud hat to wear. She admits she swears a lot, but I’m thinking that’s the Marine coming out of her. ;-)

Sara is the mother to two grown children. Although her kids are out of the house, she still mothers three cats, Batman, Murray, and Bebe, all female despite their names.

After running on and off for 16 years, Runner’s Knee and a willingness to “do something different because it’s better, not just to be different,” is what brought her to healthier running. She shares, “I have a little tiny rat brain that idles fast all of the time. Running is one of the few times that everything is quiet, just the road and a good cadence of 180.”

Her most memorable and odd running experience took place out on a run with her dog on a leash. She became surrounded by wild horses who thought she was a small horse. She recounts, “I was barefoot with few defenses other than vigorous hand flapping.”

Sara joined the Barefoot Runners Society “to get and give support for barefoot running. It made a big difference in my life, and I’d like to pass it along.”

Everyone, please be sure to thank Sara for stepping up to fill this very important position.

Welcome aboard, Sara! We are so glad to have you with us.

Cool! thanks for stepping up and taking this role!

Congrats Sara, and good luck.

Good job Sara. Must get pretty hot on the ground in New Mexico.

Neil

Introducing Your new BRS Secretary, Sara Lord!

We are pleased and proud to announce the addition of a new staff member at the BRS, SaraLord. Sara has stepped up to take on the Secretary’s role and will be available to answer any questions you may have. Sara has been a long time member and great supporter of the BRS. She is also the New Mexico Chapter President.

Sara has been living in New Mexico for the past two years, but she originally hails from New England where she attended Providence College in Rhode Island. She also lived in Hong Kong for a period of time. Sara is a Buddhist, who is also a vegetarian.

She is modest in stating that she works as a self-employed artist, as I know she wears many hats. She’s into wood carving, drum making, soap making, mobile making, and restoring a 1974 VW Karmann Ghia. She’s also a veteran having served in the Marine Corps, indeed a proud hat to wear. She admits she swears a lot, but I’m thinking that’s the Marine coming out of her. ;-)

Sara is the mother to two grown children. Although her kids are out of the house, she still mothers three cats, Batman, Murray, and Bebe, all female despite their names.

After running on and off for 16 years, Runner’s Knee and a willingness to “do something different because it’s better, not just to be different,” is what brought her to healthier running. She shares, “I have a little tiny rat brain that idles fast all of the time. Running is one of the few times that everything is quiet, just the road and a good cadence of 180.”

Her most memorable and odd running experience took place out on a run with her dog on a leash. She became surrounded by wild horses who thought she was a small horse. She recounts, “I was barefoot with few defenses other than vigorous hand flapping.”

Sara joined the Barefoot Runners Society “to get and give support for barefoot running. It made a big difference in my life, and I’d like to pass it along.”

Everyone, please be sure to thank Sara for stepping up to fill this very important position.

Welcome aboard, Sara! We are so glad to have you with us.
great Sara, I'm looking forward in working w/ everyone to pass along this mystical yet feels so natural barefoot running.

Thanks to all of you for the warm and kind welcome. While I have been skulking about for 2+ years, I look forward to pitching in a little more.

Yeah - a little toasty here in NM, but with over a mile of elevation and almost no humidity, it's really quite nice most of the time, except for spring winds - we had 72 MPH a few weeks ago - yay.

Batman is my mascot and my buddy, she's ten, has no thumbs, only one eye (the other one is questionable) and a little weight problem, despite my best efforts.

Thanks Sara!
You sound like a free spirit! =)

The Karmann Ghia needs some love, she's names the Snot Rocket. Santa Fe is a way cool place, I wouldn't have been much help for trail suggestions but know there are many in the area.

Thanks Sara, you'll do a mighty fine job!!!