International Barefoot Running Day (IBRD) - Local Events

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Paleo, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Paleo Chapter Presidents
    1. Deutschland-Ger...

Message Count:
    Greetings,

As you may have read, the BRS is launching the inaugural International Barefoot Running Day (IBRD) on 1 May 2011. This grassroots event strives to promote barefoot/minimalist running. But, it is mostly about having some fun, knowing that the world over, all on the same day, thousands of barefoot/minimalist runners like you have taken part in this event.

The Chapter Presidents have largely committed to setting up gatherings in their localities, but we need as many events as possible to make this a truly worldwide success.

Setting up a meeting in your area requires just 2 steps.
    [*]To decide "I am going to run at XX o'clock on 1 May starting at Location XYZ. Anyone who wants can join me."[*]To post this information at http://barefootrunners.org/ibrd (Click on IBRD Event Form).
    As you will see at the Event Form FAQ, you may also wish to help further by sending a press release (prepared by us) to your local media or running clubs.

At the moment, our priority to get as many events as possible listed, asap, so that we can create global momentum around what is going to be a great event.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or write to ibrd@barefootrunners.org.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Cheers,

Paleo

2. Barefoot Bj Barefooters

Message Count:
    I'll see what I can do in Brisbane.. :)
  3. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Cool!

4. TheModernMonk Barefooters

Message Count:
    If no one else is up for Gold Coast, I'm happy to pull it together.

5. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Wonderful! We are working on getting the registration form together, so please be sure to check back soon for the IBRD link above to come alive. In there will be all the info you need and a link to the registration form.

6. The Ramzev Super Moderator
    1. Delaware
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    There's a couple local races that day. One it to benefit the Democratic party, sorry but I just can't do that. The other is to benefit a camp for underprivileged kids which is run by the State Police. It's a longer drive but that's something I can contribute to and still sleep at night.

Since as of now I'm the only DE member, I'll be on my own I guess...

7. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    We are most likely going to be importing the members back into your groups shortly.

8. The Ramzev Super Moderator
    1. Delaware
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    None of them were active anyway. They never replied to any messages or e-mails. I never met any of them.

9. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Then you need to be a bigger pest! ;) Not that that's possible or anything like that.