International Barefoot Running Day - 1 May 2011

Am I missing something,

Am I missing something, Dev?

Zazzle should have lots of sizes, JSchwab. Thanks!

Hey guys, where's that

Hey guys, where's that high-speed press release? I'm ready to open both barrels - all I need is some ammo.
thumbs_up.gif

NYAB

Nyab, please contact Jamie

Nyab, please contact Jamie (Paleo) at [email protected] to get your press releases, logo, and answers to any of your questions. Also, be sure to visit the IBRD tab up top for more info. Thanks.

That was great, Marko!  I

That was great, Marko! I wish I could hear it in English. It was really cool seeing someone other than myself browsing the BRS website. That tickled me. I love the tee shirt too! Thanks for representing BFR in such a positive way.

Don't forget to get one for

Don't forget to get one for Gizmo too! ;-)

I'll be running here in town

I'll be running here in town that day.. sounds like a group of us may be at the http://www.burnsparkrun.org/ that day. I plan on possibly running on my own or meeting people elsewhere as well.. not sure I'm going to be up for more than a 5 k on the roads bare by then, so either I'll do the 10k and wear pure gloves for part of it, or I'll hit up a park for some different surfaces for the other part of it.

I just ordered my T-shirt

I just ordered my T-shirt (got the right size custom made)! Getting more excited! Wondering if maybe I'll do the final mile bare to make a statement (and for the pics)?

Guys, if you don't have an

Guys, if you don't have an official IBRD meetup going on near you, feel free to set one up with us and add yours to the list of events, so others can find you as well.

We have two people running

We have two people running the Broad Street Run here in Philly but it's so congested that the idea of actually meeting up is absurd, unfortunately. Last year at the start I was not able to move 3 feet in ten minutes. But it can be listed as having folks running.

Connected with the lifeguard

Connected with the lifeguard at the hut where we will start our IBRD run and got the exact address, see below. He was excited that we are doing our run. We are getting a good response and we have folks coming from Tampa, Winter Park and Siesta Key.

May 1

Southern Lifeguard Hut (Yellow) on Public Beach, Siesta Key, approx 948 Beach Road, Siesta Key, Florida 34242

Email: [email protected]

8:45:00

Distance: 5 Km "Siesta Key Barefoot Jog for Joy" This is an informal celebration of International Barefoot Running Day with an easy, light, fun barefoot run on the 99% pure quartz sand on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Folks with shoes are welcome as well as those who just want to jog part of the course. We will meet up 15 minutes before the event, and run at 9:00 am. All run at their own risk.

Be sure to add this to the

Be sure to add this to the BRS Florida Calendars and the BRS Facebook page.

AND...If you have any new info you would like to add to the IBRD events list, please feel free to resubmit your info to Paleo at [email protected], and he can update the events list for you.

Thanks!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts