Illinois/Chicago IBRD

efjae27

Barefooters
Sep 23, 2010
Chicago
We had six barefoot runners run the Ravenswood 5K Run on a warm and sunny Chicago morning.

We also saw a handful of vff runners.

Not moo many comments about us being barefoot, but I do remember some kid yelling to his mom that "thos people aren't wearing any shoes".

We had a good time and we plan to get together more often for some running.

It was a great time. 

It was a great time. Everyone was awsome. I really look foward to running with you all very soon. Francisco I signed up for the 10 miler today, hope to see u there!

The only downside is that I

The only downside is that I had to tell my son (the rock-scissors-paper champion of 1st grade) that I didn't win our mini rock-scissors-paper tournament.

It was great to run with everyone.

That's so neat to know you

That's so neat to know you guys will continue to meetup and grow the Illinois Chapter.

Diego,Let's make an effort

Diego,

Let's make an effort to meet up for that race. Let's also get a long run in, I have to do a 7 mile run this coming weekend as part of my preparation for the 10 miler. Maybe we can get everyone out to run with us again.

Matt,

I'm sure we'll figure out a way to get you a rematch and make your son proud.

TJ,

Can you direct me to where I can see how to post pictures?

If you visit the Site Help

If you visit the Site Help forum, there's a thread or two that will give you instructions, but basically, if the photo is already hosted elsewhere on the net, like at Flickr or Photobucket, all you have to do is copy and paste it back over here. Be sure that the size of each picture is not too large though, since we have to watch our bandwidth to keep costs down.

I may be moving to Chicago in

I may be moving to Chicago in the near future, so it's nice to know there are some active barefooters up there. I'll be sure to look some of y'all up to meet up for some runs if I end up there.

Y'all!  Ha!

Y'all! Ha!