If you hosted an IBRD or attended one, please report in with numbers, pictures, and details!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
If you hosted an IBRD or attended one, please report in with numbers, pictures, and details! Thanks!

Hi all!
Erie PA managed to field five IBRD participants this year (up from 3 last year - woo-hoo!).
It was a beautiful day on the shore of Lake Erie - sunny and about 65F - perfect barefoot weather!
Two of us ran 3 miles, one walked a mile, and two walked/ran about 3.5 miles.

I was especially happy to be out, since an ankle injury in the fall (non-running related, btw) sidelined me over the winter. My IBRD 3-miler was only my fifth run since starting back running after a four month hiatus. It felt great! :happy:
The other Erie IBRD 3-miler, Mike, is an experienced barefoot runner, but was also recovering from an injury, so we commiserated during our run.
The others were newbies, and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Might have a couple of converts there!
We enlisted the help of a passing runner to take our group photo.
(That's me in the cool "official" shirt!) :D

IBRD-2013-1.jpg

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I love that tee shirt, Sailor! I wasn't aware ahead of time of your event, or I would have added it to the official list and helped to broadcast it everywhere like I did for all of them. Just so you know. But hey! I appreciate your getting something together and glad you all had a great time on IBRD.

A very small barefoot event in my village: Myself (skin to ground) and my husband (in min shoes). We planned to do an 8 K Trail, but the weather gods were not with us: After about 2 K a thunderstorm threatened and made us turn around. We got home just in time to avoid a lot of big grained hail coming down. :eek:

Reactions: NickW
I love that tee shirt, Sailor! I wasn't aware ahead of time of your event, or I would have added it to the official list and helped to broadcast it everywhere like I did for all of them. Just so you know. But hey! I appreciate your getting something together and glad you all had a great time on IBRD.

Thanks, TJ. Actually, I was barely aware of my event ahead of time! Since I was just starting back into running after months off, I wasn't sure I was going to be up to anything by IBRD time, so I kinda waited 'til the last minute to organize something. I was really happy to get five folks to show up on such short notice!
Next year I promise bigger and better things! :D

Reactions: Barefoot TJ