IBRD - Locations needed by 25 January

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Paleo, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Paleo Chapter Presidents
    1. Deutschland-Ger...

Message Count:
    Hi Everyone,
    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Verdana}
    p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'}

We are working hard to get the International Barefoot Running Day off the ground. You all have thankfully volunteered to help with setting up local events for your area.

We will soon have a dedicated website for IBRD, which will allow interested persons to look up where an event is occurring in their area. You will be asked to list the time and address for your local meeting in a simple form on the website.

So please be thinking about the location of your meeting. Ideally, we should have as many events as possible listed by 25 January 2011.

Please remember: this is a grass roots thing. The location doesn't need to be perfect, and the event will require virtually no work on your part. The important thing is that people in your area can run barefoot together or try it out on the big day: 1 May 2011.

And spread the word! We want to be as inclusive as possible. If you know anyone who wants to organize something for their area, encourage them to join the International Chapter of BRS or get in touch with me.

If you have questions, send me a private message. Or see the FAQs at the Sticky Thread (link below).

Let's make this a great event together!

Thanks,

Paleo

P.S. If you aren't sure what this is all about, please see the following thread:http://www.barefootrunners.org/build2/forum-topic/international-barefoot-running-day-1-may-2011

2. Kittyk Chapter Presidents
    1. Ohio
    2. Test Chapter

Message Count:
    Well you can count the Vancouver Marathon as a certainty..

There will be full/half marathons and an 8K race. I am looking to organise a meet-up before and after the races as different races have different start times (ranging from 7-8AM)

Let me know if there is anything we can do to help Publicity on the Canadian side of things.
  3. barefoot kean Barefooters
    1. Missouri

Message Count:
    I know its a bit late, but Missouri will hold it in St.Louis's Forest park. The meeting place will be in front of the outside ice-skating rink.
  4. Everettc3 Chapter Presidents

Message Count:
    Sorry its late but the Flagstaff, Arizona chapter will be running at Buffalo Park.We will meet at the buffalo.
  5. Rollback Chapter Presidents
    1. Slovenia -...
    2. International
    3. Presidents

Message Count:
    Slovenian chapet will organize the run in Kranj, close to sport park:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=207469850555047190736.00049bbecf5ff399719e2&ll=46.261069,14.368744&spn=0.13055,0.338173&z=12&iwloc=00049bbecf61e291dcd4b

We would like to make loop course for 2.5, 5 and 7.5 K

:)
  6. Angie Bee Barefooters
    1. Iowa

Message Count:
    Iowa chapter will have a meetup at Grays Lake park in Des Moines at 9:00 a.m.

Cheers,

AngieBee

7. barefootmetalman Chapter Presidents
    1. International
    2. Kansas
    3. Presidents

Message Count:
    The Kansas Chapter will have it's IBRD event after the Wichita 1/2 Marathon at Central Riverside Park / Nims & Murdock / Wichita, KS @ 11am. We will probably do a 1 mile and maybe a 5K (or 3 mile) fun run.

With organizing an event at/after an existing event, will I have to contact the event organizer? Or, will it be fine since it is a public area and it is actually after the event. The 1/2 marathon starts at 0730, has a 3:30 limit, and the awards ceremony is at 10:15.

Wichita 1/2 Marathon event info here: http://www.wichitahalfmarathon.com/
  8. Martyn Chapter Presidents

Message Count: