IBRD in Tallahassee, FL

M Allen Miller

Barefooters
Apr 12, 2011
On a very hot (but beautiful) day in Tallahassee, about 8 people came out to observe International Barefoot Running Day, some in a more orthodox fashion than others. After chatting a bit and going over some basics and drills for beginniners, we headed out for a 5K-ish run. The hot weather, hot pavement, and grass containing prickly surprises made for tough conditions, but we all made it though alive and with our tootsies intact. While some runners preferred to be shod for most of this run, all were good sports and gave the barefooting thing a shot for at least some portion of the run. After the run, a few participants stuck around to engage in some other barefoot activities such as tree-climbing, rock-hopping, and ice-cold-beer-drinking. Despite the low attendance, the event was a success: we all had a great time, and some non-barefooters got to try to new activity and even learned a thing or two. More time to organize should make for an even better event in 2012!

Pics here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.788404045011.2285556.20001439 (privacy setting should allow all to view)

Looks like a great time!What

Looks like a great time!

What the heck were those prickly things on the bottom of that sock? Made my skin crawl just looking at it!

Looks like sandspurs.  They

Looks like sandspurs. They grow very well in SW GA where I grew up. I wonder if that is why I quit going barefoot at age 6 and became footgear dependent!

Okay, those sticker thingies

Okay, those sticker thingies look painful! Glad you all made it through the heat and hot asphalt and had a good time. Good sports for giving it a try.

Ouch!Thanks for the report

Ouch!

Thanks for the report and the fun pics.

And thanks for making IBRD happen in Tallahassee!

Cheers

Paleo / Jamie

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts