i know its silly and childish maybe, but

Such eloquence and wisdom in the last posts from Dama, Longboard and Sked! While Narrow hasn't shared any BF running experiences yet, I would like to think he's evolving. But he's definitely spurred us to some interesting conversations and sharing. A virtual round of LIKES to everyone in this thread!

I hope you are having fun with us, Narrow!

Honestly, I rarely notice if a post of mine gets "liked", although it's nice to get at least one reply if I start a thread. But I figure if someone finds what I say helpful or interesting and "likes" it great. If not, that's ok too, because that's not why I said it in the first place.

I do my thing,
And you do your thing.
I am not in this world to live up to your expectations
And you are not in this world to live up to mine.
I am I and you are you.
And if, by chance, we find each other,
It's beautiful.
If not, it can't be helped.
-- Fritz Perls

Such eloquence and wisdom in the last posts from Dama, Longboard and Sked! While Narrow hasn't shared any BF running experiences yet, I would like to think he's evolving. But he's definitely spurred us to some interesting conversations and sharing. A virtual round of LIKES to everyone in this thread!

I hope you are having fun with us, Narrow!

Now, this is what a forum it's all about---interaction and I likes it and it makes me :happy:

I figure if someone finds what I say helpful or interesting and "likes" it great. If not, that's ok too, because that's not why I said it in the first place.

And that's one of the rasons the forum goes dormant for hours and hours, likes, likes and more likes but no responses. Is like having a conversation with yourself.

Reactions: bare_ftazn
Honestly, I rarely notice if a post of mine gets "liked", although it's nice to get at least one reply if I start a thread. But I figure if someone finds what I say helpful or interesting and "likes" it great. If not, that's ok too, because that's not why I said it in the first place.

I do my thing,
And you do your thing.
I am not in this world to live up to your expectations
And you are not in this world to live up to mine.
I am I and you are you.
And if, by chance, we find each other,
It's beautiful.
If not, it can't be helped.
-- Fritz Perls

Thanks Hope, that's helped me to see things more from a different angle.

I think the worst we can do is ignore each other, so i don't entirely agree with Perls but i understand the spirit of what he says and it made me happy.

We are all connected, despite our differences, for one we are all here having a meeting of minds.

Yes Dama,
Back in MI.
We had two decent days so far. Today is cloudy and gloomy but at least above freezing again.
We will head back after school the Thursday before Good Friday and spend Passover with our Daughter, Grand Daughter, Son in law, and Mother in law. After that I'll pose with some more barefoot girls.
Met a couple from Iowa that own a marina with a bar/ restaurant that holds 1000 people. When I found out the name .... Barefoot Bar.... I asked them about barefoot friendliness, they responded "of course !"
I told them the Iowa chapter might be interested!

Feeling like I need to make a chart about who wants likes and who doesn't. But, then, what if I just like to like things, like I'm quietly nodding my head with some sort of understanding or approbation? I can't always think of something that seems worth saying, but I like people to know that I'm listening!

HEY! back to me please!

i got my likes to surpass my posts! thank you all.

keep liking my posts. especially the funny ones. (BL you shut your mouth!)

More likes than posts? Now that is pretty impressive!

It doesn't always support an idea, person or community if you just like something, things evolve when people explore ideas together and communicate. Liking something does has worth, and it doesn't mean you always have to respond, but it's also important that the like button is not used to 'hide in plain sight' If everyone just likes something and doesn't contribute, like Dama says things become meaningless because ultimately we are not engaging with each other in a meaningful way.

The like button is also ambiguous, 'am i being liked a person or for my thoughts and ideas'. The opposite is true if you don't get any likes, or everyone likes a post that contradicts yours, without any clarification or dialogue it can lead to feelings of insecurity and isolation within the community.

I know when i started the thread on 'nose breathing' i felt under siege by the like button, i even swore to myself i'd never start another thread here again, just share my running exploits in the mileage forum where i knew people were sharing and doing amazing things.

Anyway, i just broke my soapbox again, it doesn't make me happy to get so involved with something, what makes me happy is to run in the hills, and i think i'll just go off and do that.

Sorry Narrow, i didn't intent to be so vocal in your thread, just sometimes I feel strongly about stuff. You are not being silly or childish, it's a perfectly normal reaction to want to be liked.

Reactions: Longboard
Nice, I'll keep that in mind if we ever go to Florida and I am pretty sure they do have another barefoot bar here in Lake Okoboji Iowa. Well there is a bar with that name anyways.
So by the way, are you afficially an AH? :)

It's only in Lake Okoboji Iowa, there is none in FL The couple that owns it was vacationing in FL.
Yes, official AH. Jason is MIA.

It's only in Lake Okoboji Iowa, there is none in FL The couple that owns it was vacationing in FL.
Yes, official AH. Jason is MIA.
I mis-understood then I don't go to bars so is more likely that I won't be visiting the place tho.
Sid found Jason for you Board. Thanks Sid

Reactions: Sid
I still don't bother with Twitter, I always assumed it was all AW's posting a sentence I'd never really care about.
Maybe one day....

I still don't bother with Twitter, I always assumed it was all AW's posting a sentence I'd never really care about.
Maybe one day....

I like Twitter.

"Twitter is for friends you haven't met yet. Facebook is for people you don't like" :)

Maybe one day....
Same here, no tweets, no FB just this place once in a while and even less on RW.

Reactions: Longboard