How to Embed Pictures

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Okay, here's some work-arounds until we are able to expand on our photo storage. FNG-OscarMike's is mentioned first, others follow:

How to embed a photo:

NOTE: There is no sign up required to upload at imgur.com

Here is the link to the video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1LRuT14yA

ofzLtl.jpg

OLD INFO: So as not to confuse everyone even more, I've removed my previous post, since Mrs. Deplume found the easiest way which will work for everyone. Thanks, Norm!

OUTSTANDING, Mrs.

OUTSTANDING, Mrs. Deplume.! That is exactly what we are looking for.

What I find odd is some photos, I can simply highlight from another source and right-click > copy > paste into a post here on BRS, and it actually shows up. Sometimes I try this, and it doesn't work.

I'm about 9 years removed from the IT business as a Network Admin, and it's really starting to show. :(

Here's one of my guitars -

Here's one of my guitars - I copied the "HTML for websites and blogs" code from photobucket straight into the text field here. Didn't alter add or remove anything. It worked one time with rich-text enabled, but then it didn't the next time (probably my mistake somehow or other). This is with rich text disabled.

It's 800x600

BFwillie_g wrote:Here's one

BFwillie_g said:
Here's one of my guitars - I copied the "HTML for websites and blogs" code from photobucket straight into the text field here. Didn't alter add or remove anything. It worked one time with rich-text enabled, but then it didn't the next time (probably my mistake somehow or other). This is with rich text disabled.

It's 800x600

I tried the Photobucked HTML code the other day and it didn't work for me. I'll try it again.

Here's my workaround for

Here's my workaround for embedding pictures,

1.) Place your photo in a location that is Internet assessible, such as PhotoBucket or any server you have access to. Remember the path, or copy the URL (right-click the image and select "Copy image URL" or "Copy Image Location").

2.) Below the body of the post, click "Disable rich-text"

3.) Type

This should work, and put your image in your post. Make sure that your image isn't too large (Photobucket has a very simple way to resize the photos with one click, Flickr will resize them for you, too. 800 px is about as wide as you'd want it before it starts to eat screens. If it can be more like 400x600 it will be better for people who have smaller screens like laptops or who are on dialup.

**If you are using a site like Picasa or Photobucket that will generate an HTML code for you, it will work, as long as you remember to disable rich-text first.

Norm Deplume wrote:Okay, I

Norm Deplume said:
Okay, I just went to my Picasaweb album, and used their embed link (you can select size there too), and that code also works, as long as you disable rich-text first.

woah... Norm, did you embed a table on purpose? You pic was in a table with two rows, pretty weird, lol.

What I was originally going to ask is if you understand the deal with the rich text. I don't get it at all...

Also - great photos! :D

Oh, and the rich-text is a

Oh, and the rich-text is a way to automatically format what you type for you. It isn't working quite yet, exactly here. If you disable it, it won't translate what you type into HTML for you, you have to write the code out yourself. Luckily, sites like picasa and photobucket and flickr will do the writing for you.

BFwillie_g wrote:woah...

BFwillie_g said:
woah... Norm, did you embed a table on purpose? You pic was in a table with two rows, pretty weird, lol. What I was originally going to ask is if you understand the deal with the rich text. I don't get it at all... Also - great photos! :D

The picasa one defaults to adding a link to the album itself, and I think they do that with a table. I don't really know why that happens that way. Most of the forums I post to use

Talk about when the cat's

Talk about when the cat's away, the mice will play. Meow! ;-)

(No subject)

worked for me, html pasted

worked for me, html pasted into post template after disabling rich text (that's my youngest btw, got into my color stay/lip stain LOL she had bright red lips for about 12hrs)

She's adorable.  My oldest

She's adorable. My oldest son did the same thing when he was about 2. He had mascara, eyeliner, blue eye shadow, and lip stick all over. He sure was purty! I've archived that photo. I will try to put it here later.

Funny smiley, Willie. Love it's lipstick!

haha, no avoiding those

haha, no avoiding those kisses...at least it's color stay so I was spared getting smeared with red.

TJ, busting that one out when dating starts?? LOL

Of course.  It's ammo against

Of course. It's ammo against the girls I don't want him bringing home to momma.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090