How much better are the Luna Sandals than my crappy homemade huaraches really?

Thanks Jason. Tried both ways

Thanks Jason. Tried both ways Here is how I tie, Ted has them tied accross the foot. Both ways tend to rub me

P8076838.JPG

Ted's Feet

HuarachePic4Web.jpg

The Tarahumara tend to tie accross the foot

feet.jpg

They just have some serious feet don't they!

Luna Sandals = ordered. 

Luna Sandals = ordered. Suede top with leather and hemp laces. Even if they don't work for me for running I hope they will be a comfortable casual sandal.

I'm encouraged though because I looked up a few new lacing methods on Youtube that work a lot better to keep my crappy homemade huaraches in place better. I still don't like them because they naked baler belt top feels like crap on my feet. I bet the suede top will feel awesome.

Thanks for your help everyone!

saypay45 wrote: I still don't

saypay45 said:
I still don't like them because they naked baler belt top feels like crap on my feet. I bet the suede top will feel awesome.

Thanks for your help everyone!

That's my main complaint with the baler belt, too.

I wore the baler belt ones to

I wore the baler belt ones to a group run with my friends on Sunday too. People asked me if I lost my job or needed any help with finances. My balers really do look like homeless people sandals.

After seeing Jason run in his

After seeing Jason run in his invisible shoe huaraches at Burning River, I've been getting more serious about them myself. I did ~15 miles on the Potowatomi trail in my homemade 'cutting-board-rock-stop' huaraches yesterday and while I have some "manufacturing issues" to resolve (and I still find them noisy to run in), I am very close to being a total convert.

Full post, with pictures, forthcoming...just as soon as things slow down...