Hi all....new guy

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Shaun Mac, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Shaun Mac Barefooters

Message Count:
    Hi everybody in MN. I recently found this site after deciding to take the plunge into the barefoot running world. I guess I'm like many who barefoot in that in trying to find a solution to nagging hip and achilles pain have discovered barefooting. It seemed the better and more expensive the shoes the more the injuries kept nagging on.

So far so good. I'm loosely following the beginners program I found over at the Merrill shoes site. I'm about 3 weeks into it and am up to a mile. I have learned a few things ......1. I think I like actual barefeet over my vibram 5 fingers and 2. Treadmills get really hot!

I'm out in western MN near Morris. So I'm well away from the "action" so to speak in the metro area, but do have most of my family there so I do get there on occassion.
  2. Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad
    2. Presidents

Message Count:
    Welcome, Mac!  I wonder if

Welcome, Mac! I wonder if that beginner program was written by Jason Robillard. I haven't taken time to look.

3. saypay45 Chapter Presidents

Message Count:
    Shaun, let us know when

Shaun, let us know when you're in town. We can always try to schedule events around you as best we can.

4. ajw1970 Barefooters

Message Count:
    Welcome and enjoy!

Welcome and enjoy!