Closed Help! Getting tons of emails all of a sudden!

uhh yeah I just got an email about a reply to a watched thread. That hasn't happened since the forum software switch/update/site change/whatever it was awhile back. Looked and sure enough, email notification of watched threads was turned on. So I turned it back off.

So how did it get turned on?

Yea, yea, yea, that was me. I can change it back, but I need to reevaluate. We are prepping the site for the new modules. Stay tuned.

there is your answer ;)

I am not getting many watched thread emails at all, and you guys know I should probably get more than most of you. The ones I did get, I chose to unwatch the thread. Try doing that for me for each one for a few days, and if they still keep coming in, let me know.

Mine is fine...I just get a stray 1 or 2 overnight :confused:
not sure why really...

Yea, yea, yea, that was me. I can change it back, but I need to reevaluate. We are prepping the site for the new modules. Stay tuned.

Dammit, TJ - this is why we can't have nice things! :D So do I need to do something, here? or will this be fixed by The Powers That Be?

Yeah I just got another email notification, but this time I checked and the email option is definitely still off.

For now, please click on unwatch thread for each one you get. See if that whittles it down.

I like getting the e-mails. I pretend it means someone likes me enough to keep me updated. Sometimes I even send my self e-mails to home from work so I have something to read. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.:D

We reverted this setting. No new emails should be generated from the "main" forums from watched threads. Once you've gone through the remaining watched threads, it will clear up, although mine went away immediately.

Got you covered Sullifrog. Sorry for any inconvenience. I selected to Unwatched Forum from your account inside your chapter which removes your email address from being contacted. Now the TN Chapter won't be sending you any info. Of course, you may still check-in with your chapter whenever you want to.

If you want your account removed completely, please let me know.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090