Closed Help! Getting tons of emails all of a sudden!

Starting last night I am all of a sudden getting tons of emails. Apparently my settings got changed and now I am subscribed to a few posts (after I had replied to them I become autosubscribed for email alerts when others reply). Not sure how this happened as I never go into my settings. Now I think I have the settings all fixed but I am still getting a few emails from a couple different posts. How do I unsubscribe or whatever to these posts so I can stop getting the email alerts? Thanks!

Good to know I am not the only one!

If you open the email there is a button to "unwatch thread" or something like that.
Click on it and you're good to go.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Starting last night I am all of a sudden getting tons of emails. Apparently my settings got changed and now I am subscribed to a few posts (after I had replied to them I become autosubscribed for email alerts when others reply). Not sure how this happened as I never go into my settings. Now I think I have the settings all fixed but I am still getting a few emails from a couple different posts. How do I unsubscribe or whatever to these posts so I can stop getting the email alerts? Thanks!
yep....click on down arrow next to your name and click preferences....
PS check your security settings as well, you might be supprised what the public can see about you without you realizing it :)
Just a thought :)

Good to know I am not the only one!

If you open the email there is a button to "unwatch thread" or something like that.
Click on it and you're good to go.
only problem here is you stop getting alerts this way....
You can address this in preferences and get your alerts but no e-mails

ok you're right for once and now I am getting tons more emails!!! I did check my settings and the bax is unchecked but no matter, is not working. HELP :(

Reactions: NickW
ok you're right for once and now I am getting tons more emails!!! I did check my settings and the bax is unchecked but no matter, is not working. HELP :(
WHAT?!?! for once.....I've been right at least twice on here :mad:

Reactions: NickW and Zetti
I must've missed the other time then. My bad ;)
that messed up, but apology accepted...its not every day that Barefoot Dama offers up a confession of wrongful accusations! :rolleyes:

that messed up, but apology accepted...its not every day that Barefoot Dama offers up a confession of wrongful accusations! :rolleyes:

This must be your lucky day just don't get too used to now go and buy a lottery ticket.

Why do I need an alert that someone replied in a thread when I use the What's New feature? I don't understand how this changed in my settings on me...

Why do I need an alert that someone replied in a thread when I use the What's New feature? I don't understand how this changed in my settings on me...
I guess your good then....I just use the alerts to see if any thread I have participated in is active since my last post...
But if you dont need that then I would say you could "un-watch" the thread and your good!

I guess your good then....I just use the alerts to see if any thread I have participated in is active since my last post...
But if you dont need that then I would say you could "un-watch" the thread and your good!

Is not working Zetti.
I keep clicking the stop watching option to no avail.

Is not working Zetti.
I keep clicking the stop watching option to no avail.
wow....wrong twice in one day....lol :p
I was just taking your word that it works Dama!

I had the same issue which was resolved by unchecking the "and recieve e-mail notifications of replies" option below the watch check box.

not sure what to tell you:(

Too bad I deleted most of the emails already.... I did have one come through which I was able to unfollow that thread. Thanks for all the help! I am so not a techie person!

wow....wrong twice in one day....lol :p
I was just taking your word that it works Dama!

I had the same issue which was resolved by unchecking the "and recieve e-mail notifications of replies" option below the watch check box. I have that option uncheck but for some reason is ignoring me :mad:

not sure what to tell you:(
Is not your fault so don't worry.

Yea, yea, yea, that was me. I can change it back, but I need to reevaluate. We are prepping the site for the new modules. Stay tuned.

Yea, yea, yea, that was me. I can change it back, but I need to reevaluate. We are prepping the site for the new modules. Stay tuned.

I knew it!! :)

Thought I was going to get shot by the wife, using her email address for the site, not sure how that happened;). She has been getting bombarded by emails, oops. I got the evil eye when I walked into the house and I didn't even know why.

Reactions: Zetti and NickW
Just got a few more e-mails overnight.....looks like my solution is only partial!

uhh yeah I just got an email about a reply to a watched thread. That hasn't happened since the forum software switch/update/site change/whatever it was awhile back. Looked and sure enough, email notification of watched threads was turned on. So I turned it back off.

So how did it get turned on?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090