Hello from West Virginia (where everyone is barefoot anyways)

Just kidding. I hope no one takes offense. I've lived in West Virginia most of my life so I think I'm justified in joking about it. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kevin and I live in Morgantown, WV. I am new to barefoot running but have been running in Vibram Five Fingers for several years. In fact, I have run five full marathons, four of which were in the VFF's and two of which were in one weekend last fall. This year I plan to run two full marathons in one weekend barefoot to raise money for "Soles for Souls." I'm used to running in the VFF's so I'm still doing mileage in them while toughening up the bottoms of my feet. Any tips to speed up the process?

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

Welcome Kevin!
My only tip for speeding up the toughening process is to have your VFF locked somewhere and throw the key away where you can never, ever find it.:D

welcome. i had a child hood friend named Kevin Clark. you're not him. i like your sense of humor. fits with a few people here. just watch out for the founder, bf TJ and other neo hippies that want you to be careful of others feelings. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Dama's right on it, as always. Go barefoot - walking and running - all you can with one caveat - at first, you may want to go heavy barefoot every other day, giving your soles a chance to consolidate their gains in conditioning. Welcome to the crew, even if we are the people your mother warned you about. We have fun anyway. I'm a Tennesseean, so I have to concur that you definitely have native rights to identify and call out the quirks of your state's inhabitants. Glad to have you with us.

Welcome and my advice for you is ---- well what Dama said, lock the VFF's up and what Phil said, "Go barefoot... all you can". I go barefoot at all times unless otherwise ordered or directed to put something on my feet. You know the usual store sign, "no shoes, no service" although I often wonder if I go in the store and don't expect "service" and they have a self check out then I shouldn't need to wear anything on my feet.

I'm rambling...... Welcome!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test